Any Hams Out There?

vengeful

I'm working on getting my license, and will be taking the exam in June. Just curious if there are any other HAMs out there...

If you're comfortable with it, toss up your call sign and what kind of equipment you're using!

Hmm, HAM's, no... There are a few wieners and meat heads though... (couldn't help it)

Yes, I seem to remember a few in a thread about CB's. You could search for it... :deadhorse:

B

I remember it too.

Mobile:

YAESU FT-8900R Quad band (Got it so I can cross band repeat.)

29/50/144/430 MHz FM Transceiver

Hand Held:

YAESU VX-6R

144-430 MHz FM

Love being able to cross band repeat. You can get out of the truck and still be in communication. Using the hand held, send to the mobile in the truck at .5 watts and from there, transmit out at 50 watts if needed.

VE6BEE

Sweet...

Yes I am a ham, the call here is kd7lax (www.kd7lax.com).

Hand Held: Yaesu vertex Vx-150 2m single band 5w.

Mobile: (soon to come) Yaesu FT-7800R

Base Station: Kenwood TS-570d

Antenna: A trap DiPole

73, <<< (thats Ham lingo to you greenhorns :)

-Mike

Edited by MadManMike

I remember it too.

Mobile:

YAESU FT-8900R Quad band (Got it so I can cross band repeat.)

29/50/144/430 MHz FM Transceiver

Hand Held:

YAESU VX-6R

144-430 MHz FM

Love being able to cross band repeat. You can get out of the truck and still be in communication. Using the hand held, send to the mobile in the truck at .5 watts and from there, transmit out at 50 watts if needed.

VE6BEE

Nice Mook. Those 8900s are NICE! I was looking at them, and the 7800/8800 for my mobile unit, but dang, they're pricey!

Sweet...

Yes I am a ham, the call here is kd7lax (www.kd7lax.com).

Hand Held: Yaesu vertex Vx-150 2m single band 5w.

Mobile: (soon to come) Yaesu FT-7800R

Base Station: Kenwood TS-570d

Antenna: A trap DiPole

73, <<< (thats Ham lingo to you greenhorns :)

-Mike

When you get the 7800, let me know how you like it. I've been debating that and the 8800/8900.

Good to see a few other HAMs out there. :itsallgood:

I was going for the 8800 as I could barely afford that one. My friend who got his license at the same time wanted the 8900.

We got a bit of a deal getting two of the 8900's, two of the hand helds, and a few things thrown in so I ended up with it.

I looked around at the Ham Flea Markets for some used radios, but didn't know enough about them to know what to look for.

• 1 month later...
I was going for the 8800 as I could barely afford that one. My friend who got his license at the same time wanted the 8900.

We got a bit of a deal getting two of the 8900's, two of the hand helds, and a few things thrown in so I ended up with it.

I looked around at the Ham Flea Markets for some used radios, but didn't know enough about them to know what to look for.

My call is N6VMO. The '87 PF sports a Yaesu FT-2200 2M FM rig.