What Not To Do To A Pathy

bigfisch1191

First of all I just joined the NPORA forum and it is awesome. my dad got me this pathfinder as a first vehicle at a auction for 700$ I think it was a pretty good deal. but as I started going threw it and fixing small problems I realized the previous owner thought he was Mr. fix-it but was really Mr. dumb ass. he did really bad repairs and just stupid things. I started realizing the Pathy was probably broken into from the passenger side door then they took the stereo and broke some air vents (probably on meth going psycho) then the way the previous owner tries to fix-it is he jams a small bolt in the passenger side door lock so no one can pick the lock again. he puts a modified house hold vent in to cover the broken vents and installs (I use installed lightly wires everywhere :crossedwires: ) the crappiest am/fm cassette player in the world. But it still runs great with 220,000 on it. He also put silicone sealant all around the windows and in the inside to hold up some fabric that was sagging. He used baling wire to hold up the right side of the bumper (it took 5mins with a welder to fix) I can go on and on just tons of little problems. But I am slowly working threw the problems. Ok I cant get the pics to work but here are the links to them on photobucket.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/pa...er/pathy001.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/pa...er/pathy003.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/pa...er/pathy002.jpg

Edited by bigfisch1191

ok i am the dumb ass how do you get pics on here

Try uploading your pics to photobucket....

then use the link on your photobucket page that begins and ends with (copy/paste)

Edited by govols74n

saw the pic of the head-unit and was thinking "wow, that's pretty cheesy"...but then I checked out the vent. now that's beyond cheesy, it's so bad it's almost good.

al

i know if your going to go cheesy go all out with florecent orange or somthing.

Edited by bigfisch1191

Why didn't you just upload the pics on the forum post page?

*shrug*

The reason for the center vents being cheesily fixed is that the vents screw on from the INSIDE of the dash. You'd have to take the whole shebang off to put new ones in. I checked on the 89 I had. Crazy design... :P

yea they were mainly cosmetic there was a pretty good service record with it. but he left old wires for lights and speakers everywere.

ooh, that's always a fun clean up job....... NOT