Just Out Of Curiosity

Jarsiff

I was trying to be quick before when I wrote that, what i meant by height was more for the ome vs ac and what different spacers or what not it just seemed like the list would be better with extra info to head off repetitive questions as much as to help others out.

and Xkrewx I may have seen those vids but i'd love to see em again :)

I have a customer spring manufacturer very close to me....my question is...can you simply have the OME coils stretched?

If so what is the un compressed length of the AC coils? My OME coils were on road dreams...the only cruddy part was that they would bow down under any sort of load in the rear end. Lets not let this thread die!

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Edited by 98silverpathy

I put OME HD's in the front and OME mediums in the rear about a year ago. For the first 5-6 months I had a full 2 inches of lift in both the front and the rear. Today I measured and have 1.75 inches of lift all around. No spacers, Warns, KYB GR2s up front and el cheapo Monro shocks in the back. The ride is perfect - stiff offroad, handles great on pavement, and only tops out when I hit a really bad speed bump or ravine or a log at speed.

I've been following a Jeep Cherokee with a 3" lift around the local trails, quad paths and mud holes all year with absolutely no fear of being outdone. Very pleased with the OME setup so far, and if you just need the coils, it's cheaper than AC's.

Next time around (who knows when I'll wear these coils out) I might try AC's for comparison, though.

I've attached a picture of my pathy pre- and post-OME install.

post-688-1178051158.jpg

I only installed the coil springs. No spacers! While I was in there I installed new struts and strut mounts though. Consider doing that if you have lots of miles on yours yet.

At first I thought the HDs up front would be too stiff but I really like them and don't think they ride rough at all. And they made my pathy sit fairly level - no dragster look. Now I don't have any custom bumper or winch or anything other than a metal skid plate up front so that could be why.