Skid plate

How many people would be interested in a skid plate for there 2000 plus Pathfinder as I finished one for my wifes Pathy and tested it out on the weekend. I will post pics of the plate when I get them back.

They are also powder coated:Racing Purple,Black and Blue.

They cover the front IFS,worked great.

There will be 2 lines the version that just covers the IFS and the extended version that covers the oilpan to, I'm still working on.

Both versions will both be powder coated.

:aok:

So any replies will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll se about the 96-99. Do they have that plastic also in the front or did they come with some sort of skid from factory?

The plates are not alluminum.

The skid plates that are done cover the IFS and the ones that I am working on cover the oil pan too.

I'll try to get those pictures on here tommorrow.

I'm using grade3 bolts instead of stock so existing holes can be used and no drilling required on the plate that covers the IFS, the other plate I am trying to make it the same way (existing holes). I think it would be easier if people can just take some bolts out put the new bolts in and done. No drilling.

That's the plan.

pics coming Friday.

More pics tommorow just bought dig camera.

Ok boys did some homework and all Pthfinders from 95-2004 have the exactly same plastic splash gaurd which is $181.00 canadian (WOW).

Anyways these plates shall work as they all seem to have the same holes but I will make sure with each year of Pathfinder.

This is 2 pics so far but the extended version that covers the oil pan/tranni pan should be done this week.

Ok if these pics don't go through check this link out

"k" sony image station not allowed so can you guys point me in the right direction.

Just go to gem lake album

Here it goes 1st try.

not good well click on the link

anyone know any domains that I can use

I will want one... no doubt about it - but wanna see pics first and want to hear price... you can email me at Squam5@msn.com - also, asuming you are doing this in your "free" time, what would be the turnaround on an order?

-chris

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/608653[/uR]

Check out Skidplates & offroading pics on link.

These skids will be offered along with the extended version plates there will be no middle hole on the plates.

Ok squam I will know more of time frame this week as I beleive I am going to start with around 10 or so, best estimation will be about 3-4weeks for the version that covers the oil/tranni pan & IFS. As I am trying to make it for there is no drilling required, just bolt on. The version that is pictured 1-2 weeks. As more has to be made.

I will post pics of the extended version as soon as it's done.

Hope this helps.

On your replies I will see how much demand is needed for production.

Ya the new ones that I am designing this week will cover the oil pan,trani pan, IFS.

Don't need no pics thanks anyways I have looked into it and there all exactly the same.

But I will make sure that the skids fit every year from 95 and up before I send them, as the mounting holes might be off by 1/8 of an inch just to make things difficult, can't see it though.

Price will be determined this week or week after when skidplate is completed, as I beleive everyone wants the longer version anyways.

If you are interested in the version you see here, just voice it out and I'll hack out a price for you. :beer:

You know I do beleive when I was asking about that plastic peice at the dealership he did say 95 and up all have that exact peice. I'll check again but maybe someone out there with a 95 want to just set the record straight.

Thanks

So every Pathfinder out there has IFS and no model has a solid diff in the front mmm. Well I didn't know that.

So does your 88 pathy have a plastic peice too or at sometime did they come with real skidplates?

They all have a front differential, yes. None have a solid AXLE, no. Stealership people aren't known for being very good with facts about older models. They tend to pay attention to the new stuff they're trying to sell. ;)

The WD21 Pathfinders from 87-95 all come with a steel skidplate in the very front.

great pics - If/when I get skids- I'll want to get both the diff skid and oil pan protection - If I don't get something tocover up the oil pan, I'd feel pretty vulnerable out on the trail