Well, I bought another car...

eglaisi_91pathy

1990 240sx coupe

A/T

171000 kms (pretty low for one of these)

2.4L sohc

P1000382.jpg

P1000383.jpg

thP1000380.jpg

Picked it up for $300 canadian from a guy down my street.

He was driving to work (works for a construction company, they're widening the highway) and hit a patch of black ice going around a corner. Smashed into the concrete median going who knows what.

damage:

bumper, fenders, hood, headlights all need to be replaced. rad cracked and fan shroud in 6 different peices.

I got all the parts I need for $350 CDN. plus I work at a bodyshop so I get the frame straightened and car painted for a case of beer.

the interior was gross, I guess he had a drink in the cupholder while he crashed, mouldy seats, dash, carpet. never bothered to clean it either. I think I got it all tho. :oops:

plans:

new front end :P

ordered lowering springs -1.8" f/b

2.5" exhaust

hopefully a Jim Wolf cam

tuned ECU

Injen intake

I have a 16" e-fan for it already

16" rims, nothing flashy, maybe meshies

Paint= black except on really sunny day, then its dark blue metallic. really nice color, suits the car

arg, I need to stop buying cars!!!! :( im 17 and I own 3 vehicles, pickup, SUV, car.

ive been thinking about the same thing, i found a nice 240 on craigslist near me and a 94 sentra se-r with the sr20 motor that looks fun. the funny part is i need to save money on gas but i dont have enough to buy a work car, LOL congrats on the purchase that color sounds awsome!

If I find a 5spd with ECU etc thats close to me, and for the right price, I might get it. For sure NOT keeping it stock :D I ordered lowering springs, and hopefully get some nice performance upgrades (intake, exhaust, ecu) I want a sleeper, not any of this ricer nonsense. I know a girl with a N/A 240 DOHC that the local performance shop tuned and its numbers meet and exceed a stock SR20DET. Mines wont be as much power, since its SOHC, but still good numbers. might get some nice 16"s, depends on ride height after new springs go in.

yeah I think that color is gonna look really good. getting windows tinted, spruce up that paint on the rims. hopefully all done by summer (knock on wood)

thats an awesome deal man. I was thinkin of gettin a 240 as well. but still have my mind set on the fairlady Z. and good for you makin it a sleeper. thats what I would do. o and some 6foot exhaust pipes though.

hey so since my car will be passing through BC on its way to me. how bout I give you 3, thats right 3 cases of beer and you can get my car painted as well. pretty please :D ! ill even let you paint it pink I don't care. cuz all the cars from japan have scuffs everywhere.

I hope its not an SR20... anyway, good news, today we put it up on the frame machine and anchored it down. fenders, hood, bumper, rad, absorber, intake, etc is all off and we're gonna start pullin tomorrow :fireworx: Im gonna install new springs and e-fan while its all apart.

Hey, nice 240! The interior design looks much more modern than 1990. Looks great. Too bad it's automatic.

Did the previous owner crash that car on the 99? I may have seen it before because I drive the highway everyday. I nearly wiped out a couple times from black ice too.

I had 2 vehicles for a while, but the insurance cost was killing me. Now I only have the Pathy, but the fuel cost is killing me! :wacko:

Hey, nice 240! The interior design looks much more modern than 1990. Looks great. Too bad it's automatic.

Did the previous owner crash that car on the 99? I may have seen it before because I drive the highway everyday. I nearly wiped out a couple times from black ice too.

I had 2 vehicles for a while, but the insurance cost was killing me. Now I only have the Pathy, but the fuel cost is killing me! :wacko:

yeah he did. Im really happy with the car, like you said, it doesnt look like it was made in 1989, even the exterior is more rounded, not boxy. Ive come around to the idea that its an auto, I wouldve prefered a 5spd, but this'll do. And, there is NO RUST on the car, I looked everywhere.

So we pulled the apron today. BUDDA!!! came out really nice. pretty much took not even an hour to get it rough, then measured up and tweaked here and there for a bit. All I gotta do is weld up some cracks where it buckled, prime it, tweak it a bit more for fenders to fit perfect and its really to prep for paint.

• 4 weeks later...

who cares if its an auto. for what it is and the price you got it for (and fixed) I wouldn't care. its still going to be fun to drive. my car is an auto to. I WISH it was manual but the deal was to good to pass up

Uh oh!

P1000549.jpg

Another good 12hour unpaid Saturday was once again worth it. Last coat of primer was set down at 8.30 tonight. Pretty good progress today

-shaved antenna

-removed rear bumper (what a pain in the ass BTW)

-took out tails

-sanded everything that needed sanding

-took out mirrors and door handles

-slapped some bondo on some dimers

I did alot more, but everything else is a blur, and Im pretty tired, might go in tomorrow early and start sanding.

That's the only picture you get right now the next picture you see of it, it'll be all done!

Thanks!!

yeah Im pretty lucky to have access, I worked again today (good thing its a long weekend) and sanded down the primer a bit. Only spent a couple hours, but at least still did something. This morning I took the starter out of the Pathy and replaced the solenoid, so it was nice to go in and do an easy job like sanding.

BTW, grrr, I'd like to get the name of the guy who put the starter where it is....

I lied.... :shiftyeyes:

anyway, went to the junky-yard today, got a new rear bumper and found a 240 with rear damage. DOHC+5spd tranny+everything I need to swap the engines for $350 CDN. I might get that and rebuild it (mileage unknown, dont even know if it runs), and rebuild it so its a beast.... higher comp pistons, new rings, etc, maybe new cams, and actually make this car into a sleeper! im thinking... velocity stacks!!!!!!!!!

I wish..... I might do it... we'll see how the finances play out

3-99-5067-l-x2QAnJIDiIUtuDELrV35gA.jpg

aint it sexy? :tonguefinger:

well... I bought the engine and tranny. Nothing like 4 hours in a junkayrd in 30+ weather, no clouds in sight, wearing coveralls, tearing out an engine. Also picked up some new coils, so the Pathy wont feel left out (the Pathy sag is getting worse). Final masking of the 240 is being done tomorrow by your truly, painting Monday morning.

The past 2 weeks have been hell... minimum work day for me was 12 hours, plus school! Start at 5am and dont leave till 10pm starts getting to you after a little bit. Sanding an entire car thats primered by hand twice takes longer than you would think, especially when you do it alone and burnt-out. I'll be so glad when this project is done.

:crossedwires:

Yep, sounds tough, but stick with it. It'll pay off!!

I recommend holding off on the other motor (other than perhaps buying and storing it) for now. Get the car on the road and enjoy it a bit before you go the next step. Besides, it may help you decide what you really want to do. :aok:

B

^Yeah thats what Im doing. I might dump the tranny in tho :)

well, we painted it on Monday

P1000570.jpg

P1000573.jpg

P1000579.jpg

P1000578.jpg

The color is completely custom, but its close to Subaru Blue. I know it looks super ricey in pictures, but its not. There is more pearls in it than metallics, so its gonna change alot. All I have to do is put bumpers on, and a few more misc things.

not bad for $700 and a bottle of crown royal :tonguefinger: