Engine Ticking

DryBear

Have you checked your oil recently? I had a friends engine start ticking and we checked the oil and it was extremely low. Put as much oil in as we could afford which was only like 2 quarts. Soon after on the 30 min drive home the engine just seized up. If the oil is the case stop driving immediatly and put oil in.

did u do spark plugs recently? the reason i ask here is my noise so u can compare (wait till the fan turns off)

bad noise

heres the cluprit...small chunk of metal fell in while doing plugs and welded to the head...im really mad at myself for not grinding that thing off and slapping the head back on and checking if it ran...i assumed that the rod bearing was hammered out but since them i'm almost 100% sure that it was just the metal hitting the head and the bottom end was fine but no way to really check that now...

2050078_28_full.jpg

2050078_29_full.jpg

but def check everything else out that others said i just figured i'd throw it out there...mine passed a compression test and ran/drove perfectly cept it knocked as u hear in the video

hope it something not too bad...

Have you checked your oil recently?  I had a friends engine start ticking and we checked the oil and it was extremely low.  Put as much oil in as we could afford which was only like 2 quarts.  Soon after on the 30 min drive home the engine just seized up.  If the oil is the case stop driving immediatly and put oil in.

HOLY CRAP!

There was barely any oil on the dipstick, and when I drained the oil, there was hardly anything coming out.

Filled her up with some fresh oil and let it run for a few minutes and the ticking sure enough went away.

Time to get my oil pressure gauge sensor replaced, and check the oil more regularly :hide:

By the way, I have the oil pressure gauge (not working) and the oil light - are those two separate sensors, as the oil light never went on.

Edited by DryBear

I hate to admit it, but that noise sounds alot like mine....

I know my oil level is good.... Im guessing when It comes time to replace the rear main seal again, I might just have to pull the heads again.....