Gas Mileage is terrible!

as long as your not shooting anything directly at it, would it be dumb to use like brake cleaner on a rag for the maf? also i'm going to be catching up on some maintenance pretty soon, when I had my maxima i took off the TB and the and intake manifold and soaked it with brake cleaner to get all that black crud out, has anyone done that with the 3.5 intake or would it be smarter to do the seafoam thing? this is probably going to be my duh moment for the day but i cant remember if the intake is variable or not on an 02.

as long as your not shooting anything directly at it, would it be dumb to use like brake cleaner on a rag for the maf? also i'm going to be catching up on some maintenance pretty soon, when I had my maxima i took off the TB and the and intake manifold and soaked it with brake cleaner to get all that black crud out, has anyone done that with the 3.5 intake or would it be smarter to do the seafoam thing? this is probably going to be my duh moment for the day but i cant remember if the intake is variable or not on an 02.

DON'T use brake cleaner to cean the MAF, CRC makes a MAF cleaner and don't use throttle body cleaner on the maf either. Be very careful when using seafoam since it can run into one cylinder and hydrolock the engine. I have not tried it on the 3.5L but I did hydrolock a toyota tacoma V6. I pulled the plugs and started it and about 1/4 cup came out of one cylinders. If your going to clean the intake and TB it would be much much better to take them off and clean them instead of pouring seafoam which only cleans the small amount of metal it touches.

The best way to use seafoam is to get it into a foamy state before it even enters the engine. I have this cool little hose that is made specifially for this. One end you stick onto the brake booster hose tight and the other goes into the seafoam can. Inbetween there is a Y and one part of the Y just sucks in air and dilutes it or foams it up or w/e it does.

DON'T use brake cleaner to cean the MAF, CRC makes a MAF cleaner and don't use throttle body cleaner on the maf either. Be very careful when using seafoam since it can run into one cylinder and hydrolock the engine. I have not tried it on the 3.5L but I did hydrolock a toyota tacoma V6. I pulled the plugs and started it and about 1/4 cup came out of one cylinders. If your going to clean the intake and TB it would be much much better to take them off and clean them instead of pouring seafoam which only cleans the small amount of metal it touches.

Thanks, I was leaning towards taking them off to clean anyway just to be more thorough but that clinches it :) and I will look for that cleaner, much appreciated.