noisey injectors

sw

anyone out there know any common causes for excessively noisey injectors

obviously not for my path but for my pulsar

the opening and closing of the injectors seems excessively noisey

:confused:

thats not a bad idea Mr P

its only started doing it at the weekend

however ive always been not to keen on those addatives you put in your tank, is there a better way of cleaning the injectors?

is it like the tb on the pathys? - i could just use some carb cleaner??

the car is 89 with a bit on 90 000 original kms (know that for a fact), dont think the injectors need retiring yet, well hope not anyway :rolleyes:

Hmmm... are they hard to remove and check out? I imagine very. I only brought the idea of them taking a permanent vacation cause I remember reading that injector failure was a somewhat common issue on the older Pathy's.

hmmm not sure but i will check it out 2nite

is that basically what cleaning the tb does? like on the paths

the pulsar is tb injection with common fuel rail

you could always take it to a dealer and they do an injector flush, that were they hook your injectors directly up to an external pump at high pressure using there. special stuff and blow all the crap out of them costs about 120 bucks

dealer my a$$, grrrrr the day a dealer touches one of my cars.........

btw a had a look last night and is mpi not tb...... sweet

anyways checked all the injector resistances, injector voltage, wiring harness resistance, ran the codes again and nothing came up :rolleyes: as well as that it wasnt doing the noise last night...... dont you just love nissans and intermitant problems ;)

however still planning on cleaning the injectors some what

Never pay a dealer to work on your rigs... I know. Some NAPA stores will clean your injectors, but only if you remove them first. My NAPA here in Wyoming charged $14 to clean my Toyota trucks injectors. After 500,000 miles $14 was well worth it. Be sure to replace your o-rings. BG makes an awesome tb cleaner if you want to try to do it yourself, but it is more than just spraying them. You need to test resistance and inspect the needle valves up close. Then check individual spray patterns. It is a big headache. Some people say putting a half cup of atf in your gas tank (when full) will clean all of your fuel system. Including your combustion chamber, but I personnally have not tried this so I wouldn't count on that info. Forget I even wrote it.

Not responsible for anyone trying atf in thier fuel system :contract: !!!!

all ready measured the resistance of all the injectors and they were with in 0.1 of an ohm of each other - between 16.6 and 16.5

gonna take the rocker cover off and have a look at the valves, have a feeling that one of the little metal disk on the end of the rocker arm may have come off :blink:

really hope it hasnt cause i will have to remove the rocker assembly to find it and then put it back on

wish me luck

:mellow: