As if it couldn't get any worse

wheel366

Well, I started my pathy this morning and it didn't sound good but it did start. When I was going to lunch, it would not start at all. So, my boss gave me a jump and I went to Autozone to get a new Redtop. I got the 34/78. Pretty damn expensive though. I hope that is the only problem.

On a side note, after I got my heater core replaced I noticed a crack in my windshield right where they ripped my inspection sticker. They said it was there before. I notice everything and it's not hidden but I can't argue since there is no way to prove it. So, now I must get a new windshield too.

Nope, not yet. The battery is atleast 4 years old. Probably older. I will have all that checked though. I want to make sure the alternator is ok.

yes, i thought that's what was wrong with my friend's boat, only the belt was slipping on the pulley. It sucks when you're out on the middle of a lake.... :unsure: unless you carry a spare battery ;)

I noticed something last night. I think I have some sort of freak electrical problem. When I hit bumps, the like comes on saying that I have an open door. I went around and manually checked all of the buttons. Even when they are pushed in using my finger the light stayed on. When the light comes on, the overhead lights and the light under the dash comes on. I wonder if this is what happened and because it was light out I didn't notice.

Mor eproblems. ARG...

regarding your "bump and the lights come on" thing, my 1990 does the same thing.....just driving down the road and suddenly the interior lights start coming on and off....as if with every bump or curve in the road.

drove me nuts....and figured its probably just a short in one of the switches and rather than pull my hair out trying to find it, I just flip the switch on both dome lights to "OFF" and turn them on only when I need them.

I've seen others post the same issue here in the past.....must be a design flaw huh!!

I think I will sue Nissan! who'se with me!!!!

Our pathy's are known to have electrical issues like that. Maybe try spraying some contact cleaner inside the buttons. The light should go off if you wiggle the buttons any particular way, just pushing them in doesn't always make a good contact in the switch.

Guys...the "Bump and the lights come on" thing is very common, and an easy fix. It's typically the hatch that shakes open. Undo the screws holding the latch (mounted to the floor in the back) for the hatch, and move it forward as far as it can go, then tighten up the screws again. That'll most likely solve your issue.