Check engine light, after truck sits unused

zack1978

Any ideas on what happens to my 1995 SE-V6 after it sits for a while? The deal is when the truck is not used for a few weeks, the first time you start it after sitting it runs ok but when you start driving the check engine light will go on and off. When the light is on, the truck stumbles and bucks and runs like garbage, when the light is off, all is fine. The entire problem goes away after the truck has been driven down the highway for a while. After that you have NO problems at all. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Zack

My 1991 ran real rough when I started it after having not driven in over a week. It idled badly for about 5-10 seconds then was smooth again. I must admit I was worried when I started it and it ran like @!*%. I try to drive it every weekend to make sure it doesn't sit too long.

My 1991 ran real rough when I started it after having not driven in over a week. It idled badly for about 5-10 seconds then was smooth again. I must admit I was worried when I started it and it ran like @!*%. I try to drive it every weekend to make sure it doesn't sit too long.

Mine does that as well? What is that?

Zack