Rear inner tire wear

Guest SuperSon

Guest SuperSon

Hey guys what would cause my right rear inner tire to wear out? I just noticed it yesterday when I had the rig up the hoist. The pathy doesnt fell like its out of alignment or anything though. It pulls to one side before thats because I have a low tire pressure. :shrug:

Guest SuperSon

I have not had them rotated in like 3 years :hide:

The inner right rear is really noticeable . I checked the tire pressure and it was ok.

I also noticed a clanking sound like somethings loose in the right rear around the rear door. when I hit a bump or potholes. could it be a worn out bushing in there somewhere?

I really need to get my suspension done and tighten everything underneath suspension wise

no bushing will cause that. the only thing I can think of is a bent axle tube. if you havent rotated your tires in three years and the inside of the right rear isnt totaly worn I wouldnt worry about it. just flip the tires around an drive. it cant be all that bad if it took 3 years to get noticable.

Guest SuperSon

Im going to check the lugs tomorrow morning. Maybe its never been rotated and since Ive owned it I have not paid any attention to it up until last week . Im going to do some inspection on it and see whats going on underneath there.

I also though that I might have a worn bushing coz everytime a hit a bump or a ditch pothole I hear this clanking noise.

Im doing my suspension maybe next week and ill keep you guys posted :D

I think a worn bushing could be a factor. If the bushings are wasted on only the right side, the axle will shift back about a 1/4" on that side. With the axle now at a bit of an angle, it will tend to drag/scuff that tire a bit. Although I would expect to see a bit of scuffing on the outside of the left tire as well.

A long shot, but possible.

I think a worn bushing could be a factor. If the bushings are wasted on only the right side, the axle will shift back about a 1/4" on that side. With the axle now at a bit of an angle, it will tend to drag/scuff that tire a bit. Although I would expect to see a bit of scuffing on the outside of the left tire as well.

A long shot, but possible.

That was my thinking as well, but it'd have to be REALLY shot.

My money is on loose lugs, or bad bearing.

Guest SuperSon

Ok guys checked the lugs and its torqued to specs.Next would be check the bearing.

wouldnt it wear out fast though if its a bent housing?