Theft

ILoveMyPatty

best protection is a full coverage insurance. and take pics of whatever you have in your vehicle.

I dont leave anything in my pathy that may potentially attract thieves. Few years back somebody keeps breaking in my rig just to steal my smokes and change in the ashtray,never touched the radio. I once caught him and took off and left his bike laying on my fence, I was going to take his bike and cut it all up but my wife told me its not worth it. This is a no win situation,you cant shoot them or beat that punk with a baseball bat coz youll end up in jail.

My claims adjuster is nice enough that a few times my supra got broken in he gave me enough money that it covered my deductable too and no out of pocket expense.

I dont think stock alarm has a shock sensor.Some of this thieves are smart enough to just break the glass and crawl inside.

I cannot buy full coverage for mine if I wanted to. They simply won't offer it on an older vehicle. Go figure.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

88 i dont think thats completely true...i know here in NC i had full coverage on my 87 then my mom dropped it off to liability only...it would have cost me $1000 to get it back on full coverage and they would appraise my vehicle...I bet if you got it appraised that you could get full coverage up to that amount (or how else would classic car guys insure theirs besides that classic car insurance bs)

ou can get full coverage on older financed vehicles, though. Go figure.

its a damn shame that u can own a nice ass ride...with the ability to drive it with no altercations (forgot about that ticket u used to have posted on wd21)...but it should be at least what its worth in a the event of a stealization of the @!*% pathy....

Guest SuperSon
I cannot buy full coverage for mine if I wanted to. They simply won't offer it on an older vehicle. Go figure.

You just cant win :shrug:

I just dont see any reason why older cars can not be insured and their policy really sucks. Just like what you said if its being financed theyd jump on insuring it.its protecting the finance company and not the owner really.

You just cant win :shrug:

I just dont see any reason why older cars can not be insured and their policy really sucks. Just like what you said if its being financed theyd jump on insuring it.its protecting the finance company and not the owner really.

I was pissed and asked why the hell not. I was pretty much told that "Off the record... You can thank all the insurance fraud people." Meaning that people are more likely to steal and burn their older full coverage insured car than a person with a newer car when the $$$ gets tight or they get sick of the POS.

Guest SuperSon

thats pretty damn scary.Whats gonna happen in say 2 to 3 years from now when our pathys are getting older P... Are they just going to send us a letter saying it cant be insured anymore coz of its age?

Freakin they complain if you dont have insurance and still complains if your trying to get one.