Canadian Newb

SkotZ

Hello everyone, thought i'd introduce myself.. and check out other people's Pathfinders.

My name is Skot, I live in Ont. Canada.

I own a '95 Poonfinder, Special edition XE #98 of 300.

I also own an '86 300zx 2 seater 5spd(project godZilla), and an '88 300zx 2+2 5spd.

Would like to ask a few questions to the people with body lifts.

Alot of people seem to be jerking me around about this question, no1 seems to be able to give me a straight answer.

I am interested in 3'' BL on my pathy, but nobody seems to know or have done it thats in the feild of such things.

I've checked out alot of pathfinders and I've seen alot with body lifts and suspension lifts, not to mention alot on here too...

I'm told lifting a pathfinder is rare, and a waste of money and a very custom thing to do.

Just how custom is it? Is there no aftermarket suspension kits made for a pathfinder?

and just how would i go about a Body Lift if no1 seems to know how??

I thank you for letting me join your site, and I hope to make this another home.

And i thank anybody in advance if they can answer my questons.

Much thanks :beer:

Skot

Hi, welcome to NPORA even if you are Canadian. Just joking....we need some Pathy pics from ya!!! As far as lifts go, try the search function at the top of the page...there are tons of posts on lifts, and suspension lifts are simple.

Here's the link for the rear lift...most use Jeep Grand cherokee front springs....search JGC Springs...

http://www.damagedreality.com/fordcoil.html

heres the front susp. lift...

http://mypage.direct.ca/m/mchung/superlft.html

Edited by govols74n

Welcome to NPORA... Lifting a pathy is not that rare, not around this place anyway... lots of info on lifting your pathy on these pages - as govols said, try search, or maybe one of the nice WD21 owners will fill you in.

The only issue you may find, is getting parts in Canada, we get hosed for duty & brokerage ordering from the states, and there's not many places up here that sell for us.

^^Plus the cost of getting at least "some" of those parts into Canada

Welcome to the forums WAVEY

There are several ways to lift a Pathfinder

The cheapest for you would be a set of used Ford or Jeep Grand Cherokee coil springs (as noted in govols74n second post above.) Then adjust the front Torsion bars.. there are other ways, which cost more and take a bit more work to install... but in respect to the front, are probably a better all around choice.

A little searching here on the forum will give a lot of info on this :aok:

WAVEY welcome! and as above.... it's not that there aren't parts.... they're just not in canada. BL is easy enuff, but you have to relocate/modify/lift a couple things like the radiator, bumpers.....

when you start getting into susp lifts it gets more costly. on mini me i went with the JGC coil conversion and a little t-bar lift for under $200US. on king he has 3" BL and 4" susp lift from trail master. (yer talking $1k plus now)

you have to decide what type of wheeling you want to do, and how much. is your truck your DD or fun truck?

take all these into consideration when lifting. ;)

you have to decide what type of wheeling you want to do, and how much. is your truck your DD or fun truck?

take all these into consideration when lifting. ;)

Before i get too far into this reply,

i thank you all for the welcome and info..

I'm new..and have little patience for searching when it comes to forums..sometimes not a great quality.

but, I shall do my best and keep a cool head.. these are things i'd like to gain knowledge on.

I am mostly a car guy, and suspension is probably my darkest area of experience. I can change a strut, and such easy things, but lifting and lowering is way off my map.

Anyway. We'll get on with this,

My pathfinder is a DD, my 85 z31 will only be a 'once and a while driver'

I'm more interested in a 3'' BL at the moment, and would like moderate tires, nothing too big or bold... tire wear and noise would be an issue because alot of miles would be on the hiway(to work and back)

I prefer dry and rough terrain(sand, small rocks, gravel, dirt.. etc sometimes, the odd little stream running through the trail.) A bit of mud ok, but i'm not much of a bogger type guy.

Anyway, another kindly thanks.

Skot

^^ but again, given the lift..

If i went with 3+3 i would no doubt hit the dirtiest of trails, and have more confidence with the truck.

As for prices, doesn't sound bad at all... i was expecting triple that USD.

Money's not too much of an issue, it's more so my lack of knowledge in this field.

If i had friends in the States..I'd have them make me up a package and ship it out here etc..

but another lacking area, as well as not knowing what exact parts etc..

anyway, I've checked out some forums and gotten thus far, things look a little clearer, but alot of it is babble and gibberish. Can't make too much sense of it at all.

Edited by SkotZ