Who would be interested in a Header group purchase

Found a company in the states that say they will start making headers for 2001-2004 Pathfinders with the VQ35DE motor for approx $200 u.s. if they get at least 20 orders.

Its a reputable company with over 98% positive feedback on their products on Ebay.

How many people would buy a set? They would require 50% down.

Edited by Gripenfelter

You're going with SSautochrome, aren't you....

I'm telling you,  I've had their exhaust manifolds and they are absolute crap,  the metal they use is so soft that exhaust temperatures make the things fall apart...  They make exhaust parts with no R&D at all,  no testing,  no dyno....  All they care about is that it fits and that it looks nice in the pictures on ebay....

Good luck,  stock header would obliterate ssautochrome ALL DAY LONG!

IT IS NOT SS AUTOCHROME! B)

Edited by Gripenfelter

2-hundi sounds suspicious,

Yeah, no kidding. If it smells like sh!t........

I'll hold off on this bandwagon for now, that's INCREDIBLY cheap for a company that, for all intensive purposes, will be the first to mfg. VQ headers :confused:

Edited by navygz19

Well, one would expect that this is from a company that makes headers for the other VQ35 vehicles (Altima, Maxima, 350z, etc...) so they are probably not just "welding the pipes" together. All they have to do is modify the position of the outlet on an already proven (and probably copied) design and everything is good to go.

As for the price, there are plenty of 350z headers for around 200 bones (not that I am vouching for the quality of those) so the price is reasonable.

The thing I would be most concerned about is ensuring that you don't lose any low end power, 'cause that is where I like my torque. I rarely take my Pathfinder above 4000rpm and that is where most of the gains come on the 350z with the headers available.

That said, if you can get enough people together and you can say which ebay seller is involved, you can put me on the list.

Bern

Edited by BernieMac

I ordered my headers from this particular company. Topspeed aka Pro 1 Headers. http://www.topspeedauto.com/ProductCart/pc...p?idCategory=47

They have sold over 380 pairs of 350z headers and from reading the reviews, most of the customers are very happy with the product.

He uses T304 steel and thick tool strength flanges.

And you're right, all he is going to do is modify the 350z header to have a shorter collector outlet and point it downward more.

The 350Z headers gain 2-3 hp at peak but 9-11 hp in the mid range according to Turbo Magazine who tested some DC Sports headers. These are DC Sports knock offs.

The majority of the headers on Ebay are T304 with the exception of a couple that are under $150. But this company only uses T304.

I don't think you need to go bigger than 1.50" on the primaries with a Pathfinder. Maybe 1.625" if you go with different cams or a Maxima/350Z/Altima style intake. But this intake seems to produce better low end torque. 240 horsepower at 6000 rpm and 240 ft-lbs. of torque at 3200 rpm (pathfinder) vs 255 Horsepower 5800 rpm and 246 ft-lbs. at 4400 rpm (maxima) vs 287 Horsepower at 6200 rpm and 274 ft-lbs. of torque at 4800 rpm (350z).

Edited by Gripenfelter

so will you need to have 20 orders before they do anything for you or are they going to make one to make sure it works then want other orders? I would be interested in seeing pictures of the unit but more interested in seeing them installed.

I bought a set of 350Z headers and will probably have to "massage" the firewall and transmission tunnel to make them fit. Worst case scenario I chop off 3-4" and re-weld a flange on.

They won't make any pathfinder headers till they secure 20 orders. Otherwise they would charge well over $600 for one set.