Off-road lights

zonianbrat

Just curious if anybody has run these lights. I did a search and Mr. Pickles had some pilot lights but they were driving lights. These are basically a off-brand cheap arse KC lookin light. They have some cheasy plastic guard on them. I plan on just mounting them to my stock bumper on my R50 in front of the grill. I have not been off-roading much at all lately so I just can not see myself spending too awful much $$ on lights. I am mainly curious of the brand and of any tips on instlaling these. I am not good with electrical so please....be gentile....... I could not find them on the autozone web site but I saw them this past weekend. They are only 40 bucks. They have some KC Hi-lites in there too but they are 110.00. I just can not swing that for lights right now. Thanks everybody

Pick up some lights on eBay from a reputable company. I hear ya on not wanting to spend tons on something that can potentially end up broken in a 1/10th of a second, but I think you can find what you're looking for for a pretty good price. I've seen a few sets of PIAAs and KCs go for $40 with all the wiring you need.

Have you considered Pro Comp lights? These 5", 55 watt off road lights, and are $17.99 each + shipping (unless you're near a 4wheelparts store), so that's about the same $40 or less than those Pilots you were looking at. Oooh, they've even on sale right now, and there a bunch of other kinds there to choose from. I have 4 of the Pro Comp 100 watt lights for the roof that, and their really bright, but usually a bit more. Scored all 4 on eBay for $60 and local pickup, plus 2 PIAA 40's for the brush guard for $50 out the door iirc.

Shop around some. Try www.4wheelparts.com and www.summitracing.com among other sites. Any of the above would be better than the Pilots. I only bought those back in the day cause they were like $19.99 or something, and they died looooong ago. ;)

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Ok cool I am not buying the pilots!! I'll start checking out ebay. Thanks alot guys for chiming in and letting me know what's up before I made a 40 dollar mistake I owe you both a :beer: . This might be feasable for Tyler as we live in the same town.

I had the 5 1/2" chrome housed lights. Seriously, they are the bottoml of the totem pole. If I were you, I would search eBay until you come across the perfect auction.

I had the 5 1/2" chrome housed lights.  Seriously, they are the bottoml of the totem pole.  If I were you, I would search eBay until you come across the perfect auction.

Exactly. I've got both PIAA's and Pro Comps, and while PIAA's just "feel" a bit better in quality and such, the Pro Comps are really good in my book too, and the price can't be ignored. All of the above are with black housings, I can't vouch for the chrome ones if that's your thing, but also Pro Comp offer stainless steel for a couple bucks more. You might also look into Hella lights too, although most of their designs are more Euro fog lights, but they have some off road styles too.

From the various searching I've done, you can find decent deals on PIAA's and Hella's on eBay, but Pro Comps less often since they're already pretty cheap brand new.

Edited by Mr. Pickles