95XE with several questions PLEASE HELP

4PAWS

Sorry but I copied this from frommy original post in the newbie section. Anyway please read... :help:

Hello to all,

I just recently bought my first Nissan Pathfinder, Red/Burgundy? 95' XE. I call it super STOCK. It doesn't even have power locks oh well. It seems to be in really good shape, only 84k miles. The previous (original) owner was an older guy who pretty much just drove back and forth to work. ANYway...

When I first started searching the web to see what was out there on my Pathfinder I came across the Nissan Performance Mag project Pathfinder. WOW :cool2: what a find. I purchased mine for the exact same reason. even more :cool2:

So a couple of questions... what are some opinions on this Project Car article? Obviously I am not going to spend thousands of dollars on Volk Racing wheels. I will save those for my autocross car. But I do like the color and style. Is there anything elses out thier similar, but more practicle?

The article mentions Nissan Motor Sports parts. I called a place and they said they never made a muffler like described. What gives??? I would also like to find out where to get the cams they mention and how much are they?

A different type of question...

Where to mount amps, crossovers, etc. if I was to put something in? I am not looking to make this into some glitzed up bass machine. However I would like to improve the factory system with some bass. I have a lot of stuff left over from pryor upgrade and things, just can't see where everyone put things and still have usable space.

***Also, I only briefly, but can someone direct me to a good existing hole in the firewell that I can run a "Hot" wire through )ie power lead.

I am sure I will have many more questions later. I am already looking around for a good muffler, cat and the JWT filter setup and ECU.

PLEASE I'm all ears and waiting for everyones replies, questions and comments.

Since this I just noticed something. I wish I had looked under the car better before buying. I now see that both front CV boots are ripped. How serious would all you say thi is? How hard to repair? How much $

Patzx300 might be able to help you with the Sport Mag questions.

As for a nice place to route through the firewall; look around where the throttle cable comes through. There should be a cover plate near there (hole is there for Hardbody truck under dash parking brake). Another if automatic is up by the master cylinder, where the clutch would come through, there is another hole and cover plate.

As for amps and such, I think that stuff is :crazy::D