LSD Oil?

red-finder

I don't know when the differential fluid has been changed on my 95 se so I'm going to do it myself. I searched the forum and got some good info. I looked at mine and it has the orange LSD sticker. I looked at the owners manual and found the right weight.

I want to know what brand do any of you like to use and do I use the same oil in the front and rear diff?

"Use gear oil with LSD additive in the rear diff. You can use the same thing in front, won't hurt anything."

That's what the dealer told me too, reagardless if it is LSD or not. And it seems that all the oils now have the lsd additive in them anyway.

Okokok. Dumb Rear End question here.... What the heck is this orange sticker im hearing about. I got an 87 Pathy that i KNOW does not have a LSD, BUT i have a rear from an 88 that acts Just like an LSD (Turn the Input, Both wheels Turn Reguardless if one is being Hamperd from turning, acts like POSI). Is there a way i can tell for SURE without installing it and getting Stuck or Jacking the truck on on side to see if it is a LSD, If so, Its going in my 87!!

The LSD rear diff has an orange sticker on it on the driver's side facing the rear bumper that says "Use only LSD-type fluid", basically. The SE's with rear disc brakes are almost all LSD, if I'm not mistaken. There may be some that are not LSD that have rear discs, though.

The stock LSD diffs are known for allowing a lot of slippage and wearing out after a while. It's not a really good LSD diff, in other words. Under heavy use it will generally not work too well.