Home made Jerry Can Holder

Guest Pathmodifier

Guest Pathmodifier

Here is a home made Jerry Can holder for 95 Path. You need a welder and a few pieces of angle iron. You will need to move your tire 1 1/2" to the driver side so that the can cleares the tail light. For those interested I have more detail pictures. I have it setup so that its locked with a key in place. The holder is a two piece system bolted to the tire carrier, so that If I ever sell the truck it can be removed.

post-6-1084210533.jpg

Hey Pathmodifier,

I think you forgot something on your Jerrycan holder. At the price of gas nowadays I think you should add a lock on there :P

Serriously though, nice job! :clap: :cool2:

Denis

Awesome man. Thanks for further pics. V nice.

I'm considering putting the can like sw but it looks like he might have moved the spare too.

Since I smoke having the gas inside is surely out. Wouldn't storing it on the roof be a bit dangerous? Leaking....impact....etc...

o.O How bad would it be on the tire carrier if it were leaking? Duh. Same for impact. It's actually more exposed to being hit on the tire carrier than on the roof. If you're using a leaky gas can, you deserve whatever leaks onto your paint. Heh.

[rant]

no matter where you have a jerry can in an accident its going to be dangerous.

no ifs, buts or maybes

i must admit for some one to hit my jerry can it would have to be another 4wd due to the height offthe ground

all i know is i didnt want it iside the cab

if someone finds a 'safe' place to mount a jerry can on a vehicle let me know cause i will be the first to move mine.

[/rant]

:blink:

Can you please show me how you mounted the base??

You did say bolted i know, but still..........

Is it the equivilant of a 20 litre jerry can??

Just curious on the load bearing properties of this design.

'Pears to me to be a tray base with two studs welded on, bolted through the two vertical bars on the carrier. I presume the top locking bar helps carry weight of the can when it's full, otherwise that's a good bit of weight for two small studs to carry...

Guest Pathmodifier

Here is a closer picture, I will take pictures of the tray tonight reveiling the two large bolts (can't remember the size, aprox your index finger in diameter) with just the base I can stand up on the tray 170 lbs the frame of the base is welded in and out with 1 1/2 angle iron with a meshed base so that water does not pool in the tray. I inserted a rubber matt from an old car floor matt to prevent rattles also the bolt heads are covered with a rubber cap again to prevent rattles. The top plate is held with same two large high grade bolts all bolts are held with locking teflon nuts so that I would not loose anything while driving. The jerrry can cap has a 16 gauge wire with crimp and soldered ends to prevent the cap from possibly unscrewing and end up in somebody's windshield. The top post is also wraped with rubber, again I hate anything that rattles.

post-6-1084367069.jpg