Starting mods....

ZeroBar

Well I've had my Pathfinder for just over a month and love it. I've been reading a lot on here trying to learn about them and wanted to know what would be some good basic starting modifications??

I'll be using my truck for daily driving duties, towing a small boat on occasion, and some light off-roading. I'd like to add some more power and wanted to know what would be some basic suspension/drivetrain mods as well.

I've read about the highly reccommended trans cooler upgrade, what else is there to watch out for with these trucks??

Thanks for any advice, Ben.

P.S. It's a 94 SE Auto.

if you are looking for some giddy-up there isn't much you can do...

headers and exhaust open these guys up really well. maybe a cone filter....

otherwise if you haven't installed an external tranny cooler, do it now. especially if you tow at all.

with my 90, i removed the elbow before the air box that goes to the fender, got a k&n filter, got my maf bored about 225 over, and got a new muffler(but kept stock piping, as i can't afford a full exhaust yet), power is definately up, its not as sluggish anymore... getting on the highway isn't too much of an arduous task anymore...

I would do a full tuneup first, timing belt, fuel filter, air filter, o2 sensor, plugs&wires, all fluids changed, etc. then an external tranny cooler

i wouldnt worry about performance mods until all the reliability mods/maintenance have been taken care of

manual locking hubs are another common upgrade, as the stock auto-locking hubs break pretty easily. If only one side is broken, your whole front axle will be useless in 4x4

with my 90, i removed the elbow before the air box that goes to the fender, got a k&n filter, got my maf bored about 225 over, and got a new muffler(but kept stock piping, as i can't afford a full exhaust yet), power is definately up, its not as sluggish anymore... getting on the highway isn't too much of an arduous task anymore...

you bored your maf over....

and you compensated your fuel tune how?

Thanks for the advice guys. I had already looked at 4x4parts.com for some stuff. I won't be towing until spring and the timing belt was replaced by a dealer about 40k ago so I know it's good. I had the truck looked over by a friend that's a good mechanic and everything was in good shape.

The trans cooler will come in a couple weeks when I get my tax return along with a cone filter. I'll look into the locking hubs before I do any off-roading, I've got a friend with a Jeep I'm dying to go with.

I noticed a shift kit for the auto trannies, is it any good?? or something to saty away from?? Also I'd like a cargo mat for behind the rear seats but can't find one, anyone know where I can find one??

Thanks for the advice guys. I had already looked at 4x4parts.com for some stuff. I won't be towing until spring and the timing belt was replaced by a dealer about 40k ago so I know it's good. I had the truck looked over by a friend that's a good mechanic and everything was in good shape.

The trans cooler will come in a couple weeks when I get my tax return along with a cone filter. I'll look into the locking hubs before I do any off-roading, I've got a friend with a Jeep I'm dying to go with.

I noticed a shift kit for the auto trannies, is it any good?? or something to saty away from?? Also I'd like a cargo mat for behind the rear seats but can't find one, anyone know where I can find one??

You can get those mats anywhere....try ebay, but I don't think they were specifically made for older pathys....there are universal ones though. If you get one thats too big, trim it up.

You can get those mats anywhere....try ebay, but I don't think they were specifically made for older pathys....there are universal ones though. If you get one thats too big, trim it up.

I'll look around for them. I had hoped to find a fitted rubber mat that has the raised sides to hold in liquid and such but I can't even find fitted front floor mats, it's all universal crap. I tend to get pretty dirty at work and track it into my truck a lot. Also I haul the slicks for the s2000 in the back and with all this crap the carpet will get quickly ruined.

36193121_full.jpg

Weather Tech Cargo Liner Pathfinder/Terrano

$1 reserve at the moment but the shipping would be $$$$$

Auction closes this sunday

Nice^^^ Thanks, I'm looking into that now.

Where did you find that?? I'm looking on ebay and can't find it even searching that seller.

Oh Crap.....Sorry to get your hopes up dude. It's on an Auction site in New Zealand. That's why I said that the shipping would be $$$$.

Maybe try looking up the company name and see if you can find them.

If you have no luck and the matt doesn't go for much I'll see about buying it and sending it over. Shipping can't be that dear :D

Let me know if you have no luck :aok: