3.5 V6 engine

giancarlo93

THe VQ35 is not a direct swap. Even with our VG30 V6's here, it isn't. It's a very different engine than the VG series our WD's have. I would think you'd have much better luck with one of our engines, than trying to fit the 3.5

Also, your manual tranny, I do believe is different than any of the 5speed's for the V6 engines.

yep. im also pretty sure the 4banger trannys are completely different than the V6's.

i think you should try swapping in a 3.3

even that would be an upgrade from your 4cyl....and to me might be easier

This is what I have figured out, IF you want a 5sp with the VQ. Get a VQ series stick out of a R50 pathfinder, which will bolt up to our 4x4 transfercase, then choose between the 4.0 and the 3.5 liter VQ motors to swap in. But in order for you to get a VQ to bolt up, you will have to get that tranny, or in an auto. It will act as an adapter between the VQ series motor and the VG series transfercase.

ps. R50s with the VQ stick ony came from 2001 to 2002 about the same with the autos. That is the only way to do it from what I can tell, inless you go with an atlas transfercase and swap in the 6 speed out of a new fronty :rolleyes:

Edited by Extreme90path

Actually, to swap in a V6 you'll have to use a different transfer case than the 4banger one. You could use a transfer case that came behind a VG motor, with the VQ engine/tranny supposedly. Or if you have access to the whole VQ drivetrain you could use all the parts. Then again, that could be out of a QX4 and be full-time 4wd which I'm guessing wouldn't be what you would want.