I am new member. From Russia.

Guest kolobok7

Guest kolobok7

My name is Andrey, I am 27 years old. I live in Vladivostok city. First of all, sorry for my language. There can be mistakes, but I will try.

Two and half years ago I became an owner 1992 Nissan Terrano (Pathfinder). It has 2,7L turbo diesel, automatic transmission, 237/75/R15LT Bridgestone Dueler A/T, all power. This car was made in Japan and brought in Russia.

Before I have only sedans and first days driving Nissan I have strange feelings. But now I never change it on any sedan. Our winter is cold and snowy, so after first one I liked this car very much.

For the time I`ve owner Terrano, I replace shocks (there was electrical suspension with two modes of drive: soft and hard), bought Kayaba, they still work. I also change stereo. Before was something "looks" like stereo, and sound was terrible too. Now I put Carrozzeria (Pioneer) Radio/CD, subwoofer, amplifier 80x4. Also put steering stabilizer, original Nissan. Soon going to replace it Rancho.

I like my car very much. In this winter I went outside, in the country. I was there for 3 days. Firs night wosn`t cold (0 F, maybe), but second wasn`t so warm, it was -20 F. So my car didn`t started. It happened, because diesel fuel was freezed. For more than 40 minutes I spill boiling water over fuel filter. When finally engine started I was happy like never before.

There is off road club in my city, but they dont`t drive Terrano, cause there is another one Nissan, bigger and harder, it`s Nissan Safari (Patrol). Picture one of them below.

post-19-1084174404.jpg

Guest kolobok7

mzxtreme, Ne mogu napisat` po russian. Where are you from? Not from russia, I guess. Priyatno poznakomitsa!!!

:beer:

ja jestem z polski. I got the russian translation from a russia/english dictionary online. I know the last part was not exactly wright but couldn't remember if it was на здоровьe or what I wrote. Anyway, welcome tell us about wheeling in Russia. Are you in a club?

Guest kolobok7

mzxtreme, I thought you are russian, anyway, the dictionary is good, I understood everything you wrote. Unfortunally, I am not in club. In needs much money to prepare my Terrano for a serious off road. Much time I spend in different online part store (US, of course). And prices are always surprise me. For example, Rancho steering stabilizer in the USA cost $53 (I bought), here, in Russia it costs $90 - $110. The situation for other parts the same. Too expensive.

Little Mule. About Nissan Safari. You can buy it the same way Russians do. There are many vehicles auctions in Japan. You can buy it on line and they ship it to you by sea. But there is a very interesting questions: customhouse. I thing that the tax for the vehicle will depend on engine. There can be diesel (4.2L diesel, 4.2L turbo diesel) and gasoline (4.2L , 4.5L) engines. The best for off road 4.2L turbo diesel ( but it has 2 oil filters and needs about 2.5 gallons of oil).

One of the best Nissan Safari specs is solid front axle. Another one - the switch to turn on/off rear stabilizer bar. Our members also do 10` suspension lift.

About Arizona.... I`d like to visit it very much. 5 years I was in San Francisco, California. I like it. If there no any borders I`d put all necessary stuff and go to the Arizona and California through Chukotka and Alaska.

Well, there is one more pictures of our off road club member and tomorrow I put pictures of my Terrano

post-19-1084366559.jpg

Wellcome fellow Terrano owner!!!!!

One day i will own a short wheel base (2door) 4.2L Nissan Safari.

I wanted one before i got the Terrano but they were like 2 X the price and about 2X the size and weight.

Still, that will be my next vehicle, when the price comes down under $7000 for a 1988 with a PTO winch.

Give it another year and they will i reckon.

Buy the way, they are a commercial diesel engine and trans, and will do in excess of 500,000kms between rebuilds!!!!

Hows that!!!!

Pete.

Guest kolobok7

Right steering wheel look good. And it`s safetier in the accident.

by the way, what "weard" mean? I look in all dictionary I have, but didn`t find. :confused: :shrug:

Weard/Wierd, depends on were you went to school as to how you spell it.

It can be used to describe somthing that is different from the norm. Somthing that seems strange or un-usual can also be described as being wierd. Its a slang term of sorts. You should find it in a "modern" english dictionary. ;)

Hope that helps!!!

Pete.

Guest kolobok7

Diesel Boy, thank you, I understand. By the way, our cars is same, even colors. Have you ever try install intercooler? There is a new engine TD27Eti, it`s same as TD27T, but more electronics. And TD27Eti engines have intercoolers. What if this cooler install to usual TD27T, will anything change?

I had been playing with that idea my self a while back.

As i researched the idea, i found that in order to make it work properly, you have to get your engine retuned. Thats fine.

The results though, are a minimal increasae in power, and higher operating temperatures with in the combustion chambers.

As my cooling system struggles as it is, i gave up on that one as it was an expensive way to gain a small amount of power.

You would be better to get the top end of the engine overhauled, and the EGR pulled off. You really notice the performance increase after those modifications!!!!

Pete.

Guest kolobok7

Hello!

I thought about rear springs from russian VAZ 2121 NIVA and they replaysment with Terrano springs. And I have found Boge made for $10 for one new. But NIVA not so big like Nissan.

Hi, Andrey,

I don't hear about BOGE springs. Can you tell me Boge part code? 10$ is really cheap price. I've asked for lifted sprigs on one St.Petersburg metal plant and they declare price $50 per piece. Niva spring is good for empty drives, but it lose height under any weight load (about 100 kg of cargo).

Regards,

Igor

Hi!

I'm not sure, but if you'll drive empty car this spring can live longer than any others. I saw the hint about Grand Cherokee V8 front springs, and after the little cutting this spring can fit ok. Do you hear about it?

Igor

Guest kolobok7

Hello Igor !

I heard about Cherokee springs too, but I live in Vladovostok and there no any Cherokee`s, japanise cars only.

What do you think about springs Boge? Will you buy?

• 2 weeks later...