some1 stole my cowl vent today

unccpathfinder

Hey 88, where did you get that type of metal, or what did it used to be? Just thinking of ideas. I sucked a leaf last fall that drove me freaking nuts until it finally blew to pieces on my floor. Another thing I was thinking could be cool woulc be some louvered vents. Maybe I'll grab some cheap heater vents or something and play around...

Guest SuperSon

Illegal. I think you can buy a 12X12 sheet of speaker grill mesh like that from your local car stereo shop.

I believe METRA makes one.

Im going to stop by a local stereo shop in here later on and see if they have any.Im thinking of putting one on mine just underneath the factory ones.

and dont forget to screw it back on with this :D

b1.jpg

where do you get the safety torx head screws? and the tool to install/remove them...

also while walking the parking lot this afternoon i noticed 2 other nissan trucks that had their vents missing 1 had both missing another had the pass side missing...im wondering if the 1 guy lost/had both of his stolen and then borrowed/stole them off of my truck and the other truck...

Hey 88, where did you get that type of metal, or what did it used to be? Just thinking of ideas. I sucked a leaf last fall that drove me freaking nuts until it finally blew to pieces on my floor. Another thing I was thinking could be cool woulc be some louvered vents. Maybe I'll grab some cheap heater vents or something and play around...

Actually, that was stainless scrap from a metal-fab shop I used to work at as a temp. They used to let me go through the scrap bins. ;)

I have more! My brother is in the HVAC biz and I have four ceiling return air vents from an office building with the same type of mesh on them, around 3'x3'. I saved 'em for the same type of project in the future.

BTW, Harbor Freight sells security tool bit-sets you can use on those fasteners.

Guest SuperSon

Just found out today that you can buy those security torx at ace made by vermont american :D

And the grille mesh you can buy one of those waste basket or those file thingy thats made out of mesh at staples or office depot (maybe walmart too

too) and you can cut those and theyre alreasy powder coated black :D

Edited by SuperSon