1/18 scale R/C

88_Pathy

Wasn't there just a thread on this?

Anyway, I had an rc10gt, a nitro rustler, and a rs4. They were great, but I just didn't have time for them. I really wanna get a 1/18 but they have such a steep price! :eek:

Yeah I had a nitro rusty for a while... and a few electric traxxas cars. If your looking at a nitro they are a lot of work to maintain..

I am partial to traxxas, but I don't think they make a 1/18th mostly 1/10th. Duratrax is often referred to as Duratrash :P but is a okay brand for beginners...

Team Associated, Ofna, Team losi, HPI... are all good brands.. but they can be more expensive than others.

If your looking to buy online I always used to shop at http://www.towerhobbies.com/ cheapest prices on r/c stuff.

just my .02 cents :)

-Mike

• 6 months later...

ok so this is a really fun but exspensive hobby. the first thing i relized in this hobby is i paid too much for my car i got a traxxas nitro rustler with a trx2.5 in it it cost 270$ i thought that was alright but then they were like you need a starter a battery a battery charger glow plugs fule fule bottle spare parts ect. by time i was done i was at like 350$ you can easily get a used car with everything you need for 175$ and it will probly have some upgrades. you can take it to any hobby shop and they will be glad to teach u how to use it, and get you anything it might need. i would get a traxxas T-maxx it is a great truck and there are tons of aftermarket parts and bodies for it. or a E-maxx if you like electric, and dont say eclectric is week they can beat a nitro off the line anyday and with the new lipo batteries and brusless motors they can easyly reach speeds of 50 mph. but whatever you get i would take a look a ebay or craigslist before you buy.