get a load of this

adamzan

Hey, I've done that one. My First Pathy was an 89XE, and BOTH of the shocks snapped at the mounts, although they did it while i was driving from Calgary to Vancouver. It's an interesting thing, having your vehicle turn into a slinky at 150Km/H. Doesn't corner so good, though.

I got pics still, here

Shouldn't be driving at 150kmh then lol :hide:

Yeah it is likely to be nasty along with the frame rot. WHY DO THINGS KEEP BREAKING, and the cash keeps draining for other things.

In the pic i have circled what seems to be broken. Remember this is a completly stock truck with frame rot, severe might i add.

Edited by redfinder

I think you just ID'd the problem. The sag is not related to the broken shock - you have something far more serious fail. Check the upper spring mounts, I suspect the right side one has collapsed or come off.

No, you cannot drive it that way.

Is it even worth fixing if something serious has failed? I thought it could be that the springs are extremly tired as they are the original and I can remember when it was on the road that the tires used rub in the rear when dad hit a bump.

OH By the way, I just realized that it is parked on uneven ground in that picture. It sat level when i moved it into the garage to clean the interior, it just is a bit of a "slinky".

Edited by redfinder