2008 V8 Pathfinder

decherd_pathfinder

It's the same size. The frame in the 2005+ Pathy's is taken from the Titan, simply shortened. Same as the Frontier. The body is narrower, but the frame is basically the same, hence the ability to put in the V8

Can't wait to see how it does in the Annual 4x4 of the year competition. When I bought my 2005, I did a lot of research, and the 2005 4x4 of the year went to the Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7 Huffy... I mean Hemi, and QuadraDrive II. The Pathfinder came in a CLOSE second, and the 4Runner Sport with the 4.7 V8 came in third. Keep in mind this was a close competition, and the Pathfinder wasn't even the Off Road edition. It was identical to mine, 2005 SE 4x4 with convienence package, sunroof, electronic HVAC, Bose 6disc/mp3. The only thing that gave the Grand Cherokee the lead was the V8 and the QuadraDrive II 4x4 system.

Now that Nissan has the V8, if they use a Off Road edition with downhill assist, hill start assist, VDC, I think the Pathfinder really has a shot at the title... even with a rear independent suspension. Now if we could just get a rear electronic locker like in the Xterra/Frontier, we would really be able to BE the 4x4 of the year!!

Just curious...do you guys get the diesel option in your new Pathfinders over there? I can't understand why alot of vehicles that you can buy in diesel everywhere else in the world aren't offered in the US market. I was born and raised in the US and used to love my gas guzzling V8's when I was a kid. But gas was 80 cents a gallon back then too. Since moving to Australia I am really starting to love the diesel engines. Take one over a petrol/gasoline engine anyday.