Bumper for my R50

So, i'm hopeing that you guys can help me. I have looked not crazily but decent amount for a decent front bumper for my finder. I don't want anything drastic just something durible and tough for trees and stuff just incase. Can anyone throw me websites, because it would be much appreciated.

thanks

/\ what he said...

It's a great bumper, and it will be a damn shame if the order falls through...

Here's what the bumper looks like:

PathyTJM020.jpg

There are more pics in the thread mentioned above...

Otherwise, ARB sells one, it's PRETTY nice (as in all shiny), and has a pretty nice price tag... also on 4x4parts.com

hah pezzy was that when urs was new?? otherwise what did you do, shine it up for the pic and leave ur pathy all dirty????

yup, the day it was installed... it was bought used.

Skinny, yeah, the TJM is listed for 96-99, but it does fit the 99.5+ if you remove the antenna tab (what I had to do), and the ARB is listed for the 99.5+... it will probably fit the older ones, as the mounting points are the same, but there might be a gap between the grille & the bumper, as the grille on the newer R50's is more rounded outward. (yes, my truck is curvy!)

I dont know if anyones tried the ARB on an older R50... I think a couple guys on the AC board put them on a QX4, but same thing, not sure if they had gap issues...

Skinny, yeah, the TJM is listed for 96-99, but it does fit the 99.5+ if you remove the antenna tab (what I had to do), and the ARB is listed for the 99.5+... it will probably fit the older ones, as the mounting points are the same, but there might be a gap between the grille & the bumper, as the grille on the newer R50's is more rounded outward. (yes, my truck is curvy!)

I dont know if anyones tried the ARB on an older R50... I think a couple guys on the AC board put them on a QX4, but same thing, not sure if they had gap issues...

Then I *might* know where one could purchase an ARB for an R50 rather inexpensively :P

Pezzy,

I'm not quite sure you seem to think that the TJMs are so much more functional than the ARBs. Even though the ARB has a little "bling" on the chrome hoop coming off the bumper, it's just as stout (if not more so) than the TJMs I've seen. Even though either mouting system puts the KMA mounts to shame, I think the ARB mounts are even beefier than the TJMs.

Trust me...it's not just a $1200 brushguard.

T- I didn't get the impression from Pezzy's posts that she thinks the ARB is less stout than the TJM. If I had a 99.5-04 (ie. R50.5), I would probably get an ARB instead of a TJM, also. The ARB just looks sick, especially with those integrated fogs. I don't mind a little bling as long as it is just as practical.

I'm pretty sure, though, that the ARB won't fit on 96-99 without an unattractive gap between the grille and bull bar, since the grille doesn't extend forward as far as on the R50.5. I think that's all that Pezzy was alluding to.

P...

Correctamundo XPLORX4... also, I was tryin to sell the TJM's so that deal on AC doesnt fall through! The ARB is nice... it was too pricey for me, and now that I have my TJM, I really prefer it. When I scratch the hell out of it, I can clean it up and do touch ups a lot better than I could on the ARB.