Body Lift

tbear

If you buy the BL kit from AC they supply you with all the hardware, bolts etc. that you'll need. The 2 rear bolts are High strength harden metric bolts with 1.00 (fine) pitch thread, the chances of finding a Metric HS bolt with fine pitch in the length and size you need locally is slim to none. Using threaded rod I would strongly recommend against that. Nissan uses the type of bolts they've chosen (OEM) for a reason, there is a huge amount of stress that those bolts are subject to, even more so with any increase in BL lift. The AC kit puts the right stuff in the kit, so no prob!

I found the bolts I needed at a local supply house with no problem at all.

The threads are NOT 1.00, but 1.25.

And with 10 bolts holding the body on, there is NOT a HUGE amount of stress on those 2 rear bolts. I drove around for weeks without the 2 rear bolts in with absolutely no ill effects.

The kit that AC sells is just a re-badged Performance Accesories kit that I found locally for waaaaaay cheaper.

BTW, the bolts were only $3 each.

Tye

I found the bolts I needed at a local supply house with no problem at all.

The threads are NOT 1.00, but 1.25.

And with 10 bolts holding the body on, there is NOT a HUGE amount of stress on those 2 rear bolts. I drove around for weeks without the 2 rear bolts in with absolutely no ill effects.

The kit that AC sells is just a re-badged Performance Accesories kit that I found locally for waaaaaay cheaper.

BTW, the bolts were only $3 each.

Tye

I dare you to get in a wreck without a few bolts here and there.

Guest SuperSon

In doing the 3+3 do I still have to crank the torsion bars using 33's and probably replace it with sway away?

This is all adding up P... $350+ for the calmini SL then I hafta get the AC BL for aroung $130 then another $140 for sway away TBARS (in case i need them) ,$180-200 for rancho 5000 shocks ,thats not even beefing up my steering .( any suggestions on parts for this) then another $2000 for tires and rims. I better be able to climb that hill behind walmart here after all this mods -bounce- :D

Im going to buy extra hoses for the BL just in case. stat had some problem with the hose that came with the kit and he ended up getting some new ones so Ill play it safe and if I dont use it I can always return it. I like to have all the parts ready so I dont have to do any parts run.

I'm wondering. Is it only the rearmost 2 bolts that are different in the 1990-1995 Pathfinders for the Body lift, or the rearmost 4. I had heard it was only the last 2 that are different, but I looked at the kit from AC with the added bolts for the newer WD21's, and there's 4 added bolts.

So, which is it?

SuperSon,

$350+ for the calmini SL
Thats just for the UCA's... Whos got the phone # and pricing for the RC UCA's... If your gonna piece the lift together you may as well get the best bang for your $buck$

$2000 for tires and rims
???What and where are you buying them??? My Rims and Tires were less than 1k

I better be able to climb that hill behind walmart here after all this mods
The one at the "Y"??? I did that one in the 95 Stock.... Gaurdian guys did not like it... but it was dark enough they could not get a plate ###

L&P for the Steering.....

Thorleys for the Exhaust -bounce-

If you want to look at my set up... heck I might even let you drive it... You just cant tell any of my family members I let you drive....

BTW let me know when your going to do this, Id be happy to assist -alcohol-

Edited by Casey.T

Thats just for the UCA's... Whos got the phone # and pricing for the RC UCA's...

I just paid $172 to have a set shipped to Rochester NY (for Simon's)

http://www.roughcountry.com/

they dont list them alone on the site, but they are part of the package that is listed for the hardbodies...

I'm wondering. Is it only the rearmost 2 bolts that are different in the 1990-1995 Pathfinders for the Body lift, or the rearmost 4. I had heard it was only the last 2 that are different, but I looked at the kit from AC with the added bolts for the newer WD21's, and there's 4 added bolts.

So, which is it?

Yes, it is just the 2 rear most bolts that are different. They are M10x1.25, the rest of them are M8x1.25.

Tye

Personally, I think the RS5000's are grossly overpriced for what they are (primitive technology) and with poorly selected damping rates - wayyy too much compression damping.

I am using Heckethorns (RC 8000's) from Rough Country. Much, much better. As far as I know, I am the only one using them so far. I don't know if they have any extra long for the rear... But I absolutely recommend using the RC8000's in the front! Your teeth, kidneys, and wallet will thank you. You can get these AND the RC UCA's for less than the Cal-Mini UCA's....

Still using stock T-bars, which work great for anything but jumping. And spent wayyyyy under $1000 for tires and wheels.

My point: Do some more research before throwing money. You can save at least 1/2 of what you are thinking. There are hundreds of posts here where we detail it out....