One other thing..

nige

Has anyone ever heard of someone sucessfully performed a diesel engine transer? If it's not too much cash i'd love to read about it, and see what i'd need to do.

do you know of any websites similar to this one, which are devoted to diesel trucks? I'm really pissed off that north america does not import/make any 'jr.' trucks with diesel engines. only gigantic dodge rams and fords etc.. Volkswagen could really clean up with a small diesel powered pick up, but i think the goverment's gonna miss out on some of thier precious gas tax.. esp in canada where fed and provincial tax makes up 50% of the price of gas... sheesh

Yup, they really need to look into offering deisels in our size range. The newer engines coming out are even more effecient, and super clean and quiet. Drove my dad's Dodge and that thing is a monster, tons of power. And the thing gets better mileage than my Pathy! Towing a 28' boat, about the same!!!!

yeah, one of my friends has a new dakota with the 4.7 8 cyl -really nice truck with more then enough power for towing. It's pretty smooth and quiet too. I think i would pick up one of those if I ever decide to get rid of my beloved Pathfinder. I'm gonna do the oxygen temp sensor this week after pay day.. hopefully that will help my situation. One question though, does the ecu automatically notice the new part installed, or do I have to reset something for it to register?

I watched a show on Discovery a while back that had a conversion kit for diesel engines to run on vegetable oil/cooking grease. The guy that invented it said he'd go to all the fast food joints and get their used grease, essentially driving for free!

Now how's that for Food for Thought?!?