Rear Washer Fluid Nozzle

M in KC

Has anybody ever removed their rear window washer fluid nozzle (I guess is what you call it). Mine is plugged up and with the 6" of snow last weekend and substantial snow melt this week the rear glass has needed attention often. My rear window pump runs and a drop or two of fuild will come out when the switch is depressed but that is about it. I don't really wan to poke a needle or similar instrument into the holes for what ever is plugging them will like plug them again.

M

88, this is on a '91 it doesn't have the third brake light but I'm sure it's in the same relative area. I never thought the fluid would freeze since it doesn't freeze on the front but something to consider.

It looks like on the inside of the hatch that a grommet is securing the hose in place and on the outside a grommet maybe securing the nozzle in place. If this is correct then the supply hose is more than likely just a push fit or barbed fitting on the nozzle. I guess I'll find out. I just thought that there might be a spring clip holding the nozzle in place inside the rear hatch but after further examination there doesn't seem to be adequate access for this.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, Just got my 1995 Pathy back in January it had the same "issue" here's how I "fixed"it. :idea:

-Pull the third brake light out three plastic plates cover up three screws, remove them and push brake light assembly to the left it should pop out at that point may be to the right tho. If you don't have one or just pull the spray nozzle out.

- Remove hose from sprayer and remove srcew attaching the sprayer to the brake light. (if required)

-The easy way is to soak the sprayer peice in some type of detergent for a bit or if your careful like me you could use a little bit of brake or carb cleaner to breakdown the dirty that has cloged the sprayer.

- After doing one or the other you can use a air compressor to blow the dirt out of the sprayer.

- Did this and I have had no issues since even with negative temps in the Pullman area.

Good luck! It not much fun but it works! :furious:

Edited by 2geepfinder