Grill guard and lift kit

MNPathfinder

I am looking for a grill guard that is simular to what "88pathoffroad" is using. I would prefer chrome but, black will do. I am also looking for one that I can put a winch on. I have looked at many different sites on the web but cannot locate one that is simular to the one I mentioned.

I am also doing some research on which way to go with a lift. I am thinking only of a three inch lift and don't know whether to to with a body lift or a suspension lift. I have heard that the suspension lift will put additional strain on the steering componants and also the CV joints. Can anyone recommend a good lift kit either way. Or at least what your preference might be and why?

Thanks in advance.

For details on the lift, do search around.

Quick answer:

I like about 2" suspension lift as a nice compromise between clearance, CV joint stress, and ride quality.

- 6 cylinder Cherokee springs in rear

- crank stock T-Bars about 2"

If you need more than that, add body lift. You can cut the spacers to give any amount you want.

Martin has a good point, however, the 6cyl JGC coils in the rear, if you have a tire carrier, will sag to the point of no lift if you have a full sized spare. My 8cyl HD coils have sagged quite a bit since I put them in, as my 32" tire on the carrier adds a considerable amount of weight.

Might be beneficial to get the heavier coils, keeping in mind they'll settle/sag in a few months.

I agree 100% though, that cranking the T-bars too high puts too much stress on CV's and balljoints and other components, especially without aftermarket UCA's.

Edited by Simon

Good point. I do have a 31" spare on the carrier, but I still have close to 2" of rear lift. It has been noticed that there are many, many different springs used on Cherokees. I think I have one of the stiffest (thicker wire diameter) I-6 sets. Probably off a fully loaded version.

Something else to consider is air-lift bags in the rear coils. I use them to level the rig out when hauling heavy loads - like my KTM on the receiver mount rack.