any ideas?

Use a Chevy 350 as a starter? ;)

Seriously though, you can get a header, new muffler and K&N intake, but that motor isn't made to be powerful. It was made to be long-lasting and low-maintenance.

If you really want to get into it, you could swap in a turbo 2.4 from a S13 or S14 240SX or Silvia...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest zipo1200

Agreed if u can get hold of a sylvia sr20det dohc, u'd be set with a newer turbo as well.

though i could have sworn that the z24's are front wheel dries, the sr 20det being backwheel.

that may be an issua.

i got the solver for u, Pick up a 240sx (preferably special ed) swap the american engine, and pump it over 400whp. Nissan is the only way to go

look at its profen skyline with the 6 cyl. inline!

Agreed if u can get hold of a sylvia sr20det dohc, u'd be set with a newer turbo as well.

though i could have sworn that the z24's are front wheel dries, the sr 20det being backwheel.

that may be an issua.

i got the solver for u, Pick up a 240sx (preferably special ed) swap the american engine, and pump it over 400whp. Nissan is the only way to go

look at its profen skyline with the 6 cyl. inline!

I gotta say man ... I find your post's the most difficult to read ... :shrug:

Headers are pretty cheap for that motor. I think I saw cams that were fairly affordable as well. The thing is, its low on power but if you don't screw around with it and just give good maintenance, it will go forever. I had 255K miles on my z24 truck when I sold it. The motor is a gerbil. You could give it steroids and make it a puffed up gerbil, but its still tiny. If you're super worried about lots more power on a budget, you may need to start by moving to a V6 truck as a better platform.