Throttle position sensor

suncountry7

Is there any documented procedure to calibrate the throttle position sensor? This is a pathfinder '95 3.0 2WD. If there it is please let me know where to find it. It's hesitating when slowing from 50 MPH to full stop. I have to turn-off the over drive until I make full stop and then turn-it on again when accelerating. The problem is when I slow down it hesitates a lot until full stop is reached. Do you think it is the throttle position sensor or something else?

Thanks in advance! :confused:

Hi:

How do I know if it is in the correct position because it has two sloted screws and it has a lot of positions. I don't know what is the correct position for it. I think that the moderator of this site mentioned with a voltmeter I can know the correct position. I think that the part is fine because the "mechanic" was the one who unscrew them and put them in another position, doing another repair. And he doesn't know how to put it were it was. I tried different combinations with no result.

Any advise would be helpfull. Thanks a lot.

Hi:

Thanks to all for responding to my post.

I've already performed cleaning the throttle body, MAF sensor, replaced air filter, Fuel filter and spark plugs. I don't know what else to do. The tranny was repaired about a year ago and before that It was making that hessitation when slowing down. The ECM code is EGR malfunctioning. I've preformed those cleaning procedures a wile ago because the pathfinder in full stop hesitates and then turned off. Since I cleaned those parts the pathfinder doesn't turn off and don't hesitate when in full stop. The problem is when I'm driving and then come to a stop it goes hesitating all the way until full stop. When I turn the over-drive off when I slow down it don't make that hessitation.

Thanks to all for your help. :help:

Sounds to me like the maybe the torque converter isn't unlocking properly. I had it happen to me in an older car, and it would stall coming off a highway, when the torque converter had locked up. Forcefully downshifting, as you're doing by turning off the OD, makes it unlock, and shift into a lower gear.

Hi:

That's the problem that I'm having right now. Where can I find that torque converter or it is inside the tranny? I was looking for the right words to describe my problem and you nailed them Simon. Where can I find that torque converter?

Thanks a lot, hope this is the problem to finaly fix it and have my pathfinder like new. Once again thanks!!!! :D

Yeah, as Pavelow said, it's inside the tranny. I would think if the tranny was rebuilt a year ago, you should have some warranty on that work, and the torque converter would be part of it. Go back to the shop that rebuilt it, and see what they have to say.

Good luck.

OOOO....Mr. Technicality!!! :P

88's right, it is bolted to the flexplate. What I was getting at (and, I'm sure, Pavelow as well) is that the tranny has to be dropped to access it.