Hesitation/Stumbling at start-up

maxbaby

Just as of late, when the truck is started after sitting overnight, she will catch as usual, but it seems like the engine is stumbling or about to stall for a second or two, and then it immediately goes away, and then everything is Zen... why?

... 94 XE with 185000 km, new timing belt and plugs in the last 2000 km...

Just as of late, when the truck is started after sitting overnight, she will catch as usual, but it seems like the engine is stumbling or about to stall for a second or two, and then it immediately goes away, and then everything is Zen... why?

... 94 XE with 185000 km, new timing belt and plugs in the last 2000 km...

Mine has done that, though, mildly for years. Just a little sputter after initial fire-up, then she's fine. I have 300,000kms on mine. I just call it a quirk, and don't mess with it.

Yeah, Simon, mine is mild, and just one of those things that you would normally ignore. I thought I would just throw it out there and see what the reaction was.

... and what is seafoam? I've not heard of it before. I have seen a few different spray-type intake and injector cleaners in aerosol cans, but I take it that this seafoam is some type of a foam product? Better or worse than aerosol cleaners?

Seafoam is not a spray cleaner. You dump it in your oil, and it cleans out your engine. I've never tried it, personally, though, I've heard some very good reviews on it, from people lacking power, and experiencing general sluggishness with their trucks.

seafoam is some good stuff...i've just recently talked with a mechanic buddy and he was saying some tranny fluid will do the same (i know it works great in diesels but heard it was the same in gas) donno the amount per gallon...but i know some folks that took his advice and it helped out a lot and didnt throw any codes or anything...im really skeptical tho...