new pics

nissandoms47

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah ive got the AC coils with a 1 inch front strut spacer, kyb gr2 struts then pro comp es9000 rear shocks. something like 16" collapsed and 29"ish extended i think? i cant remember for sure. and did you still need that bumper? because the one in the poser pic is what mine looked like from that place.

Thanks for the info! I managed to kinda pop out the valence. I will be posting up some pics possibly tomorrow. It is still a bit ben out of shape so yeah I am interested in getting a new valence. The new one on your truck looks sweet. How much was it again?

the valance was $20 + tax. i walked out of the place with a valance and center chrome piece paying about $51.06 i think it was. as for the lift price lets see..

KYB Struts- $150

Pro Comp Shocks with boots (4) $99

AC coils $460

Camber bolts $60

Shipping and other misc crap idk like $50-60

so a total of $830ish.

well worth it tho. on to a new engine lol .

:o The whole front valence as in the bottom plastic bumper was only around 20 bucks :o :o I am impressed!! In that case I do want one Alex. Let me know when your going to be around there or whatnot and I will get you cash in hand. Thanks for info about the lift stuff. Sounds reasonable although it will be a while before can get everything :beer:

alright ill just pick one up next week for you and ill get you a copy of the reciept. as for the lift, i bought all the parts over time. like i had the KYBs from my last lift and i bought the shocks a little before the coils. cam bolt prices were just crazy. i still need to get an alignment, its just too cold to go outside and install the rack bushing i need before i can get one.

That sounds like a plan Alex, Now where exactly are you located? I know in the past you have said you could swing out to Colorado for some wheelin. I kinda remmeber you saying something about you not being to far from Moab. Anyway Thanks again. As far as the lift goes. I will do the same kinda thing you did, probably start with the struts then shocks etc. Next dilemma is getting it installed. I kinda know my way around an engine enough to get by but when it comes to suspension I am flyin blind. I have never messed with coils or struts simply because of the potential for catastrophe. Heck by the time I get all this stuff together you might be ready for Tylers lift (if your still planning on getting it) Then you can just road-trip it out here for a serious mod-day. Keep me posted as to when you are going to get the valence. If you need cash first just let me know.

im in alpine ut, its about idk like an 8 hour drive or so to fort collins or so. i hope to get out there sometime soon and meet everyone, and have ryan build me some sweet stuff that i cant even think of right now. but i wanna do tylers lift i just gotta save up a ton so i can buy tires along with it. it would look weird on 32s i would think. but if i dont make it out there by the time you get your lift stuff im sure tyler wouldnt mind helping you out a bit. it really isnt that hard. took me about 3 hours with out air tools. with air tools it saves a ton of time. i really gotta get a new engine first tho. 200k and abuse= no good. i should be getting one in the next month. put some cams and stuff in it and call it good.

Thanks for the support Tyler. I have never dealt with spring compressors so having someone around who has might be a smart idea. Now to start saving and slowly buying the parts for the lift. Off topic but how is your truck holding up Tyler? I still have not seen it!

I can't believe I've still never run into you in our somewhat small town of ours. Everything on the lift is holding up great. I actually broke one of the subframe spacers I had in there but I'd been meaning to replace them for the past 3 months. I had some guy on Craigslist weld them since I was in a hurry and he did a horrible job! The new spacers are made from 1/4" wall rectangular tubing so the only weld on them is where the metal was made. I can't see these breaking anytime soon. :D

Yeah I can not beleive I have not even seen your rig around town yet. So now that your lift has been on awhile have you noticed anything significant like does it drive any different? Gas mileage ( i know you had to take a hit on mpg when you put on those 35's). The reason I ask is while the off-road test is truly important, I want to know how it holds up to city driving.

Brian,

I have a new kyb strut right side that was shipped without the top nut. so they sent me a full replacement strut. I was going to keep it as a spare but would sell it to you for cheap if your interested in collecting parts over time. You could buy the other off of tire rack as they sell them separately. anyhow Im the one who came to your house a whille ago to look at your 31's.. anyhow since then i put on the new tires and did the ac lift. let me know.-jason

Since the lift doesn't change anything as far as spring rate it drives basically the exact same as stock but higher. I obviously get a little lean in corners but that's expected with 6" of lift and giant sidewalls. I honestly haven't even figured out my gas mileage yet since I wasn't sure quite how far my speedometer/odometer was off. I just got my hands on one of the portable GPSs which I can use to check all of that. I finally got my winch installed tonight and this thing is a BLAST.

nice, surprisingly i dont get that much lean with the AC lift because its pretty stiff. no sway bars or anything and it rides just fine. what winch did you go with tyler? i wanna get that tjm bumper everyone is trying to get but no one can commit and if that falls through ill probably just do a reciever mount up front and have a removable winch.

I got a 9.5ti. I'm really considering getting some new springs for the front after adding the extra weight up front. It's crazy how much of a difference there is driving it without a bumper, then adding almost 200 pounds to the front. :o

I've considered going with AC coils up front just because they're stiffer than the OMEs on there now. I can't imagine I'm going to get too much height out of them because of all the weight up there.

Jason, I am interested in buying that strut off of you. How much $$ do you want? Let me know then I can let you know when I can take it off your hands. Cash is tight these days as I am buying some new equipment for homebrewing. Once all of that stuff is bought then I can focus on buying lift parts again.