Headers

revgrizzly91

In a nutshell H pipes are louder, and give more low end torque, and x pipes give you more high end horsepower.

But I'm pretty sure nobody makes longtubes for the pathy's that dont go into a y pipe...which is not true dual exhaust, which makes an x or h pipe not an option.

yup. what pavelow said. x and h pipe are more for your chevy v-8 apps... just go with thorleys, 2.5" pipe throughout, high flow cat and a good quality muffler. :aok: and use the search function, there has been a LOT of discussion about headers, pipe, and there is even some sound bytes of exhausts (including mine) int he pics/vids thread ;)

I put some Thorleys on my 'finder. Man do they make a difference. The finish on them is quite up to par. Hell they still look brand new to this day, and they have been in there almost two years! B) I went with Three inch exhaust from the headers to the cat and then squeezed it down to 2.5" for the Borla system. As for the Borlas, Im not that impressed. I think you can do better with a different brand or setup one yourself. I notice that if I have the truck loaded up the exhaust bangs ont the undercarrage alot.

Here is the link so you can check them out. :aok:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/chevel67ni/alb...460762367938052

So for me, I would go with the Thorleys.

Nick

PS - The exhaust shop in Denver told me that emission laws allowed removal of one of the Pathys cats so now I have one large 3" high flow cat! :clap: