Gauge Pods

Has anyone installed any gauge pods in their pathy, if so, what did you use/or modify for pods? Couldn't find any direct app. for pathys on the net, it seems that they make them for most everything else. Worst case, I could design to fit and rapid-prototype a pod, but that would be a few $$, would rather find something off the shelve or close enough I could use or modify. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron buying something spendy?

Do that and you'll be disbanded from the "creative hackers doing it ourselves" club!

I bet you could find some PVC pipes or fittings of about the right outer diameter. Some creative shaping of the inside and the back end would result in them looking pretty clean.

I've made tweeter pods this way, and they look very factory - or expensive.

Yeah, I want to put in a water temp, Voltmeter, and a oil pressure gauges. PVC? Doesn't that kinda give you the under-the-sink look? I don't want the inside of my pathy to look like a 4X4 porta-crapper! How do you stick a pod unto the pillar anyway? Don't they have bosses on the back side to screw them to the pillar. Those things, like most of the rest of the inside panels etc. are made of PE or PP, which is hard to glue or stick anything too really well, the only stuff I know that works half-way decent is that 3M double-sided stick tape. The stuff you get at the hardware store though is so-so, I can get the industrial/construction grade stuff which is awesome, it'll stick to almost anything, you have to use a primer with it though.

PVC glue lets you attach doo-hahs and wikky-wikky dingles (aka bosses) made out of other pieces of ABS on the inside/back side of the PVC pod so you can use a mechanical fastener into the A-pillar plastic. And PVC accepts paint nicely. Even texture paints. Or it can be wrapped with vinyl. Or????

we just installed an oil and temp gauge in the 92 XE. Put it right under the stereo, where there is a square plastic piece. Dremeled two holes for the pods. Moved the computer module under the carpet (left side passenger), still have to insulate and secure it better though. It may work w/ the pvc extension an inch or so out and keeping that module in there. Looks good, we couldn't find a good place to put it w/o it hitting our knees getting in/out.