Transfercase shifter knob

mikesmaximase

Just wondering how you take off the shifter knob (if possible) on the transfercase shifter on a 95 Pathfinder. I tried unscrewing it, but that was a no go. There is no clip on it that can be taken off, and then slid off. ?????? Or do I have to unbolt it from undernieth. I just put a 3" body lift on my Pathfinder and now need to either heat up the rod or get one from a Nissan pickup truck. I have taken all the bolts out of the center console and its ready to come out, but I need to get the knob off so the boot will slide off of lever. Heres a picture of my Pathfinder with the 3" body lift, sorry its so dark out.309536_117_full.jpg

Yeh, mine was way off of being able to go into 4-lo, it would go into Nuetral fully but stopped right there. I got the tortch out and heated it up and bend the rod, but I bent it to far, so tomorrow while at work I got to rebend it back a little. But anyways the knob was on there wicked tight. I had to get out my macanics gloves to get a good grip to get it off and Im not weenie, I got muscle. HAHAHAHA!

Intially I thought mine was ok. On the street on level ground, it would just barely go into 4lo. I found out on the trail that once torque was applied, it wasn't locked in enough and would just pop out. I had to bend it and notch the floor.

interesting ... i'll have to test that out ... I've never had to use 4wd after putting my body lift on ... i'll have to check it out ...

hey ... aren't the hardbody shift levers longer too? ... even it it was like an inch longer that would be sweet ...

interesting ... i'll have to test that out ... I've never had to use 4wd after putting my body lift on ... i'll have to check it out ...

hey ... aren't the hardbody shift levers longer too? ... even it it was like an inch longer that would be sweet ...

Yes, the Harbody shifter lever is what you want. Now if I had the patience to grab one at the junkers, it would have been a whole lot easier :D