Transmission Coolers

88pathoffroad said:

"A transmission cooler would be a great addition to your Pathfinder if you live in a hot climate, yes. Hayden makes a fine line of cooler kits that are complete and relatively easy to install."

Can someone recommend a source and model for the Hayden cooler mentioned above? I live in Northern Nevada and pull a trailer with two jetskis. A cooler would probably be a smart investment. A "complete kit" and "relatively easy to install" are also good things :rolleyes: .

Thanks,

jim

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=...kit&btnG=Search

;)

Personally, I'm using two coolers out of junkyard Ford Exploders with the tow package($10 each), installed inbetween the radiator and AC condenser with a $5 cooler mounting kit from a local auto parts store and some zip ties. I'm using bulk rubber reinforced hose and standard hose clamps. Been running it for more than a year now, no regrets.

Since it's obvious you know a lot more about this than I do, have you "posted" the process anywhere? I'd like to make sure my tranny stays cool, but I don't want to make a dumb mistake in doing so.

Thanks,

jim

That's pretty clear. Is there an easy way to identify an Eplorer with the tow package or do you just have to get underneath them and look? Where are their coolers actualy located on the stock model?

Thanks,

jim

The Exploder cooler is located directly behind the front grille in the center. Four 5/16 bolts hold it on along with two 1/4" hose clamps at the bottom near the bumper. The ones with the tow package have a 8x12 cooler, the standard ones are 6x10. Measurements are approximate... ;)