Exact shock info did the search and.....

speedbuggy67

I have the factory adj shocks and they def work but firm isn't THAT firm and i'd rather have something with some muscle to it when offroading like a gas shock. Im looking around at upgrades and read and searched like a madman and have seen the buy 3 get one free from procomp and seems they are pretty highly regarded for the price. I know kyb are great for street pathies but what about us street/trail guys. I see procomp has 3000's and 9000's and they darn near seem to be the same. I checked the site and isn't too specific. I'd like to hear what people that have new shocks what they have to say. ive been debating the rancho 5000's cause i know they work but procomps seem to be a good deal but which go get 3000 or 9000's? i'd like this post to have replies of what shock you have and how it compares to stock both on and offroad. I have JGC coils and cranked front bars. If someone has other options they recommend lets hear it.....

Scott

I KNOW you could have done this yourself, but here...

Pro-Comp ES3000:

The twin tube cellular gas design of the ES 3000 is engineered to substantially improve driving comfort and performance both on and off the road.

With its 10 stage velocity sensitive valving, the ES 3000 self adjusts to various road conditions, while improving your vehicle's handling characteristics.

The large 5/8" chrome hardened piston rod and unique Teflon rebound stop delivers a comfortable highway ride and the ability to handle the most demanding driving conditions.

With double welded shock mounts for maximum strength and the exclusive Pro Comp limited lifetime warranty, the ES 3000 will ensure ultimate performance for as long as you own your vehicle!

Pro-Comp ES9000:

The Pro Comp ES 9000 is the ultimate nitrogen gas charged shock absorber. With its twin tube design and 10 stage velocity sensitive valving, the ES 9000 delivers not only a smooth, comfortable highway ride, but is also enhances off-road handling and performance.

Engineered for those driving enthusiasts demanding optimum capacity for heavy loads as well as the most demanding driving conditions.

Its 1-3/8" nylon banded full displacement piston head and double welded shock mounts ensure maximum strength and long lasting durability.

and 88pathy its appreciated very much but i'd love to hear what people have to say that have them or compared them to other shocks out there as well. I like the idea of the 9000's due to the gas design and i'd imagine they would be a harder riding shock similar to the rancho 5000's but more optimal offroad and like it says with extra weight. I know some guys run rough country shocks, monroe's, and some have bought one brand and changed it due to the fact that they didn't like it etc etc. Do you have any personal preferance from one to the next?

Scott

If you are looking for personal experiences, I can tell you that I am happy with my Rancho 5000s. They are a bit stiff on the road, but this (and later changes to the wheels and tires) really tightened the turns on my Pathy. I only do some consequential off-roading, but they seem to do well. I would personally consider the Rancho 9000s next time around, just to have the adjustment to tinker with, though I'd probably end up with them set similar to how the 5000s ride. :)

Also put Rancho RXs on the wife's Xterra. They are supposed to adjust to road conditions (the description of the Pro-Comp ES9000 sounds similar). They're a softer ride than 5000s on the road, but also do well in turns. The closest thing to off-road this vehicle sees is Amish driveways (bumpy, rutted dirt roads).

As for Monroes and Gabriels, ditto on 88's opinion. KYBs are worth the money, for on road use at least.