Cluster swaps!

SaKaNa

OK, I've got a dead cluster in my 97. The speedometer reads 0 at all times, and the odometer moves up 1 mile every couple hundred. Seems like the little motor that drives it from within is dead. So I looked online for a new one, but I can only find 98+ ones that have the digital odometer... Is the harness the same for these, or do I need to find a 96-97 analog one somewhere? The analog WOULD have the advantage that I could roll the miles back to what my broken one says so I can continue from there, where the digital one would be stuck wherever it is when I get it.

What do you guys think? Digital possible in my 97?

as i said to you on AIM, you cant put a 98+ on a 96-97.. find a 96-97 and be done.

maybe YOU can't, but anything can be done with the right amount of time and/or money.

People swap out manual climate controls out for electronic ones, yeah you have to replace the heater core and do a days worth of wiring but i've seen it done. Same thing with clusters.

I've seen 92 honda civics (manual cluster) with an S2000 cluster (full digi) and it takes maybe 20 hours of work but it's possible with nothing but wiring....

maybe YOU can't, but anything can be done with the right amount of time and/or money.

I could easily. You would need the entire engine harness, ecu,trans harness, dash harness etc.. and the newer models have different sensors in different locations. So unless you were swapping in a 98+ engine its not worth the time or money for a digital odometer...

I believe so

You would need the entire engine harness, ecu,trans harness, dash harness etc.. and the newer models have different sensors in different locations.

damn.

Edited by FUELER