dumbest question in the world

milehighcowboy

ok thanks sorry bout the mistype it was supposed to say bigger. so idealy and the cheap way i could pull an exhaust off of a truck i like the sound of and mount her up.

i'm no expert, but i don't think it's as simple as that. unless you're pulling from a truck that's the same as yours the sound will likely be different since the engine and such are different.

changing the tip will do a little on changing the exhust....I had a 4 cylinder truck with dual pipes from the muffler back ran in 2.25" w/ 1 7/8's pencil tips..it was loud as hell...my brother ran the same type muffler and size pipe with the same size motor in his 4 cylinder mustang, but he put 4" x 24" tips on it and sounded good....

Like everyone said, adding a bigger exhaust tip isn't going to do much. Think of it this way, imagine blowing through a thin straw...like those coffee stirrer straws. If you added something like a funnel to the end of it, it would still be just as hard to blow through. Now imagine blowing through a fat McDonalds/Big-Gulp type straw...sly

Your best bet is to get a whole new exhaust with bigger pipes.

Edited by DJ Dank