Signal/Marker Lights Help

Orangetang

My turn signals started to work intermittently, either staying on solid and not blinking, blinkinf for a moment and then turning off or not working at all. I pulled fuse and replaced it, but can't find the module/relay either under the dash or under the hood which controls the blink... Nothing is labeled as signal. I also unscrewed the signal/headlights lever, gave the contacts a shot of contact cleaner and relubed it. No luck...

Whats my next step? There must be a blinker module somewhere that I can try replacing.

2002 Pathfinder Chilkoot

Thanks in advance

It wont work at all anymore, so I can't listen for it. There are 3 small relays or something on the fuse panel under the dash, but none of them are labeled on the schematic. I tried pulling each one by one anyway while the blinker was frozen on, and nothing happened other than the blower fan and interior lights, etc. turning off.

Didn't see anything else that looked like a flasher unit. Surely someone here must know.

I don't think I have that... There is an OBDII port at that location and nothing else other than a large black box which has two connectors running into it. Way to much wiring to be a flasher unit, I think. If I can I'll take some pics later today.... I'm stumped.

Any other pics, or info you guys? My manual has nothing.

Off-topic: I ordered a ScanGuage II last night after reading a thread from Xplorx4. It looks almost identical to the DataStar units in some of the Western Star trucks I use to drive.

Edited by Orangetang

Look behind the fuse panel near the trans control unit on the left under the dash. The flasher unit has 3 wires, Brown/white tracer(signal from hazard switch), Green(signal to hazard from flasher), and Black for ground. The connector itself is black.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

Wow that wasn't fun to get out... I have the part you described... Off to Canadian Tire and NAPA to see if they carry it. Nissan has none in stock and they're ~$65 bucks anyways...

It looks in good shape on the inside, so I don't know... Sigh. Multimeter time.

Thanks 5523! I grabbed a generic one from NAPA and it everything works great now. My alarm went off earlier though, and was blinking its lights like I havn't ever seen before. It might sound funny to say, but I sure hope someone was breaking in, rather than some weird wiring issue!