new rims problem?

I got really nice rims and i want to use them so badly.

I install them on the rear very easly but fronts are very big problem.

Because Pathfinder has automatic hub lock on the front wheel hub and my rims doesn't have enough space on the middle.

How can i change wheel hub and automatic hub to another system to install that rims?

Does 2wd Pathfinder have same stuff on the front wheel ?

Thanks...

Like 88 mentioned, you'll need to get the center hole on the front rims bored out.

I measured my hub on my 95 XE and it's 2 7/8". Then hopefully your lug holes aren't effected and will line up.

n0c

I got really nice rims and i want to use them so badly.

I install them on the rear very easly but fronts are very big problem.

Because Pathfinder has automatic hub lock on the front wheel hub and my rims doesn't have enough space on the middle.

How can i change wheel hub and automatic hub to another system to install that rims?

Does 2wd Pathfinder have same stuff on the front wheel ?

Thanks...

If i use wheel adapter , would work?

If it works where can i get them and also what kind of wheel adapter i suppose to use for?

Thanks

If i take off the automatic wheel hub from front whats going to happen?

It is going to drive free without it or it would't?

If i can take off it i would need just 1,5" wheel adapter.

what do you think?

thanks

hehe ... easy man.... I know I know ...

pathy mark - yes if you get a wide enough wheel spacer .. sure it will work ... provided the SPACER even fits over it ... how big of a spacer? no one here knows 'cause no one has used them, and to date I think you and I are the only ones that have considered using them ... you could buy new rims... the ONLY OTHER ALTERNATIVE IS TO GET THE RIMS MACHINED... thats it ... k? hoped that helps clear up anything ...

With what, a regular 2 3/4" drill bit? o.o I suppose you could use a holesaw if it's aluminum.

I don't know, I have no experience in this, but it seems possible. There's gotta be some kind of hole saw to put on a drill to make the hole bigger, and its gotta be cheaper than buying new rims.

It would have to be perfectly centered to keep the integrity of the wheel.

then you would have to re-balance each wheel.

As well you should get all 4 done for when / if you rotate your tires.

I had the same problem with some 15x7 chevy rims I was given.

I am looking for some other ones to get wider.

If you wanna keep em take em to a machine shop and get all 4 done.

Otherwise look for another option.

Do not mess with the hubs.

Good luck.

If they're nice rims, which they probably are...and they're chrome, then a do-it-yourself project using a hole driller probably would scratch or ruin them. The best way, as mentioned many times before would be to go to a local machine shop where they can slowly bore out the center hole under a controlled and professional environment. Or just sell the rims to me for 100 bucks and buy all new ones! :P

Man, this posts old, but just a observation:

How in hell did you manage to get the rims to fit on the rear???

Are you sure they bolted down securley??

The center of the hub at the back is raised and is the same diameter as the hubs at the front. You guys know what i mean!!!

There for the rear might go on but won't be safe to drive on!!!

That means you need to get the centers of all four rims enlarged!!!

Just an observation.

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Leprecaun

Look man, save yourself some hassle and replace the auto lock with std freewheeling. if you have rims that are to small your going to kill its integrity if you even show it a drill. Where the lugs are in position to the centre hole are balanced and seperated that far for a reason. Your alternative is to cut the hole centre out and wewled and machine a new centre, which must be done on a lathe to get it balanced.

I looked at this on the Nissan, in the end I put my nice alloys aside and upgraded the rims, cheaper in the long run!

Guest Leprecaun

I know. I can grab a couple of manual locks off a navara and fab it to fit, but at a guess these rims are to small for the Pathy in any case. Still would be cheaper to get new rims. Pardon the spelling above.

Guest finding_a_path
dont know bout the others that were involved with the colorful conversation above, but i would like to see pics of said wheels

lol, I can see it now.

NO, NO you cant use the () you have to use brackets like this []!

(to post pix)

:lol: