Paint: Red and white

mws

My '88 runs and rides like a champ (lotsa lotsa work!) but looks like he!!. It's time to start thinking about reducing the embarassment factor. I should be able to get the body lift reduced soon, and then to think about paint....

She is the '88 red (kinda a twinge of maroon in it) color, factory paint. The sides are OK, but most of the clearcoat is gone off the hood and top. I was thinking about shooting her all silver or all white, but shooting the whole thing is more bucks than I want to spend, and I don't think my skills and equipment are up to doing it myself.

Then I remembered my dad's old Bronco back in the late 60's. It was red with a white strip (maybe 4 or 5") around the beltline and up over the top of the front fenders with the center of the hood painted flat black for anti-glare. It actually looked really nice. Anybody seen or have any pics of a pathy painted similarly?

I think I can handle shooting a strip of white to cover up the where the clear is gone from the top of the fenders, and the black on the hood would be easy enough. And then since I can't see the top, I don't much care about it. I can color sand it and shoot some clear and it will be dandy enough.

Anybody have pics or thoughts?

ROFL! I knew I would get some honest answers here, and I love 'em! Thanks for getting a file started for me, Aaron!

I will take this "art" and fine tune it a bit. The Pathfinder red is not quite so shocking (or S&Hish) red, and I have to run the white all the way up over the top of the front fenders and across the cowl vents to cover the ick up there. That means I'll have to figure out some way to transition down right at the mirror. And I'll pull the bottom of the white up to the top of the grill.