smell and vibration...

RI_ChevyGuy85

so yeah, after being stuck in the mud for 3 days my pathy made the two hour trip down to my school absolutely fine. days later, i'm driving and smell somethin not good. then i start noticing vibrations. i was thinking the catalytic converter because the heat shield looks busted to hell and broken, and a local mechanic said he wanted to smoke test the exhaust for the $160 i don't have.

any ideas besides the cat?

you may have got a sh!tload of mud up yer pipe so to speak.... and yer pathy is burnin it off. or, yer cat is fried, has a hole in it or you maybe blew a collector gasket out or something similar... does it drive/sound different?

that's what i was thinking but the weird thing is it drove for almost a week with no problems at all. now all of a sudden all this fun starts happening.

still think it'd be any of the ideas posted above?

yup. just takes 1 chunk to find its way inside a drum/disk or between the pads.... or oyu may have lost a wheel weight (or 2).. which didn't come off til some mud fell off with it.

Like 88 said... Pressure wash it...

Mud caked on the rims will throw out the balance... Mud on any part of the exhaust system, once dried/cured on can start to STINKY...

Try wheeling in a well used pasture... that will get you some funky smells... :oops: