Cleaning out the engine compartment

~Ben~

How exactly should I go about doing it? I mean obviously with a hose and water, but I figure there are certain things I should do or should not do seeing as I've got my engine there I'm pouring water on... Heard a few different things about how to do it, but I'm not sure any of those people knew what they were talking about. So just need to know, cause its a bit muddy in there :P

Is it absolutely necessary that I soak everything with degreaser? I mean I'm not looking to get the thing hospital clean again, just to get out the majority of the mud in there... So can I hose it out with just water?

And I'm expecting I should do this after the engines cooled down, not sure if that matters or not, but I figure spraying water on a hot engine probably isn't something that needs to be done.

I knew that would come up... BUT... I have never warped a head playing in water but have with a hose :angry:

Honestly I don't know why, perhaps because the block is cooled some prior to the water hitting the heads (providing a little cooling to them)?

But after warping the one head (not on the Pathy) I don't hose engines down when they are at normal operating temp or above.

Best way to clean the mud off the bottom of your pathfinder? Park on top of your lawn sprinkler then go inside for a beer. I find Molson works best.

I get a lot of funny email's, but that there is the best damn thing I read all day.

I am looking forward to trying it.