British Columbia

ILoveMyPatty

Hey! From Revy, and about to purchase a 91. Need some advice in makin' the deal...it appears to be really clean, the tranny,timing belt an various hoses were just replaced or rebuilt, new studded tires, and sits right. Underbody and frame are clean too. What am I missing? Any hidden places I should look, or electrical gremlins be on the snoop for? They're askin' 5500 with 239k on it. Any places prone water entering the cab. Yer input would be awesome.

That doesn't seem like that bad of a deal!

I bought my '90 for 8800. 5spd, A/C, power everything.

Make sure you check the rear frame rails, in the rear wheel wells. Also check under the back seat for rust. (Flip the bottoms of the seats forward and peer under there, might have to pull away some insulationg stuff). Is it an auto or a 5 speed?

Consult with the other guys about it, they're more knowledgable about this stuff than myself.

Good luck though!

Revy, sweet. Not too far from here, we should wheel one of these days!

It would be an auto, I prefer a standard. But with a freshly rebuilt tranny in it I won't be swapin' anything yet. Under the back seat looks pristeen on the interior as it was removed by the guy who owned it to fit a large piece of sumthin'. It gave more clearance...??? Whatever the reason it looks good. There is a ground issue I thing in the front bumper/grill area...whenever you close the hood or bang on the nose the lights flicker... what known issues are there for that, is it a common prob or isolated to this vehicle?

Ya, Loops aint that far away, if ya want a deep bush experience...we got the trails!!! And most definately hallar when yer drivin through town. Or I'll drop the wife off at her GFs house in Loops, and bust open some dry trails.

Jason

PS. Anyone want a cherry 94 Civic, all dun up? Origional owner and gotta grow with the family (damn it).$6000 FIRM

post-37-1162687891.jpg

Where:

Squamish BC

Squashed in between Whistler and Vancouver

A 45min drive from North Vancouver (realistically 60min due to construction)

What:

91 XE 5spd bone stock

Hopefully custom bumper + 5000lb Ramsey winch + some Hellas after winter

If your comming up this area, PM me and maybe we could wheel. I dont know many trails up here, but finding them is half the fun (maybe?)

:wacko:

I've finally got my new ride in the driveway. A few headaches, a bit stressful,but its here! 91 SE V6, leather/loaded, new tranny, brakes, studded tires and rustproofed! 240k, and is straight as I can tell. Audio soon to be in, as the Big Box (2.5 cu.ft.) fits perfectly and will display the amps sharply. Perfect timing too, cuz the snow, she fallin'!

post-37-1163222737.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late thread bounce

Where: Main and Broadway - smack dab in the centre of the city.

What: Just got my 95 WD21 (automatic) in the summer and managed to get it stuck for the first time on the Diamond Head access road back at the end of November.

It would be awesome to hook up with some other locals and go for a run or two this summer. Maybe we'll all have to meet in Merrit and go from there.

:beer:

Introducing.. ME!

Livin In Nanaimo. Nice Rides. I REALLY Wish I had an SE, or just the LSD from one. I run a 92 XE, with 4" TrailMaster/Calmini Lift. She's a nice truck, but she's expensive. Thank the gods Afghanistan keeps me employed, or Id never have been able to afford the work Ive done so far..

Anyhow, just droppin a line to say howdy, and its nice to know Im not the only one who loves his Pathy

post-37-1168582600.jpg