alarm system

davekell

sat night at work i was reading, went inside to get some hot coco, come back and my damn rig is locked! my keys and my lunch box inside! had to call the wife at 9:40 pm to bring her keys to unlock it! argh! Anyone had there pathy lock by itself? bad relay switch?

i see that you have a 94. i have an r50 and mine doesn't automatically arm itself as far as i know...if it does, it doesn't do it that fast. is your alarm stock? or aftermarket?

My R50 has done that twice that I know of, but I do not that quickly. Of course I can not reproduce it, so do not know what the rigger is :shrug:

the problem is not that your alarm system is self arming. That is actually a feature which is activated by you locking all the doors and closing them. After 30 sec or so, the alarm will activate. The problem you seem to be having is that the doors are self locking (the alarm system won't do that). Could be a problem with the locking mechanism (see several posts on the lock fluttering issue) and it could trigger when bumped or with air pressure change or other insignificant event if it's on the hairy edge of locking anyway. Could also be a problem with your keyless entry. I have found that, if I wear my brown hacket, it builds up a static charge and triggers my keyless entry if my keys are in my pocket. Other coats don't do that.. strange. Try to catch it happenning or look for your door locks not being up completely when you unlock the door. It may take some time but you can probably narrow down the conditions in which it occurs. Good luck