Frontier Vs. X-terra?

El Pathfindero

Thinkin on buying something to replace the pathy when i get done with college. and one thing is for sure, the pathfinder has left a lasting impression on me: I'm sticking with Nissan. so heres my dilemma, I'v made up my mind that im either going with a Fronty or an X but need to know which would be a better choice. I kinda like the idea of having a pickup again, but love my suv.....

if i go with a Gen. 1 fronty i'll be shooting for a crew cab supercharged one

and the x-terra, well, i just like the suv aspect of it

But I've heard nothing but good things about the 05+ X-terra Offroad, and Nismo frontier, so which direction should i shoot for? the 05's or an older model :unsure:

So far I'm leaning pretty hard on the first-gen frontier

El P :aok:

You won't find a Gen. 1 S/C Fronty (I assume your talking about the 98-00's) That became an option on the Gen. 2's (01-04) Go for it! :aok: I always liked those a lot, they're a little hard to find, tho. The extra power is pretty welcomed! X's are, well, X's...unless you go for an SE S/C, then they're a little distinguishable. Either one of them react really nicely to mods, tho. Good Luck! :aok:

Only bad thing I've heard of on the 05+ fronty's (and X's too I assume) is the exploding diff's :(

Theyre virtually the same truck, except for the body, so it depends - do you wanna throw your crap in the back, or in with you when you go camping or hauling stuff??

I miss my pick up, loved being able to throw whatever back there, didnt matter if it was wet or muddy from camping, just toss it in the back, hose it out later...

But, being able to sleep in the truck is nice.

I am wanting a 2001 plus frontier as well in the mext year or so... I want the 4 dr s/c so it still has some space inside as well as a bed. Does the S/C only come in certain trucks or all of them?

Thanks

Jamie