exhaust leak

cohen

so I found out I have a leak. Now I can finally work on getting a nice sounding exhaust. I just have no idea where to start, I went to the flowmaster website and they didn't have any for my year, and JC whitney has some but I'd rather have dual. Any suggestions?

Where are you leaking? One of the joints, at the muffler, manifolds, etc.? You don't necessarily need a kit if you're taking it to a shop, as they can fab something up usually for a pretty reasonable price. Then you could use your choice of aftermarket muffler. If you want to do a kit yourself, I believe there are several out there that have them. Can't think of the manufacturer, maybe Borla or Magnaflow?

yea that crossed my mind since I have no lift and 1 part of a trail i go on a lot I almost hit the tip everytime. I think im just going with this

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-muffl...5A2522A0A0.aspx

but I havent measured the pipe yet, and I have to find someone to weld a flange so it can bolt up to the cat. And just a replacement pipe for after the muffler, unless I find some aftermarket stuff for my year b/c I don't feel like dealing with cutting bending and welding new pipe together and all. sssh

yeah no kidding. Any preference? The 40 series seems like it would sound better from what the description said, but the summit racing one seems like itd be better on performance.

yeah no kidding. Any preference? The 40 series seems like it would sound better from what the description said, but the summit racing one seems like itd be better on performance.

Ummmm... did you read? The ones I posted for cheap are from Summit Racing, but are regular Flowmaster mufflers. They sell the whole line. I've run a 40 series for probably 4 years now, and its great.

Why not tuck the pipes up as high as you safely can, then route them out the back, through holes in the bumper :hide:

Hence a custom fabbed exhaust. It really shouldn't be too bad. Hopefully I'll get to installing my headers soon and answer some questions on that. On another note, 87Pathy has his done sweet with a body lift, and he has his running into the gap between the body and frame.

High and tight is good, within reason. You either need to keep off enough for heat, or run with heat shields. Nobody wants burning carpet.

Ummmm... did you read? The ones I posted for cheap are from Summit Racing, but are regular Flowmaster mufflers. They sell the whole line. I've run a 40 series for probably 4 years now, and its great.

yeah I read, I meant out of the 2 you posted, which do you reccomend.